Friday, February 13, 2015

S is for Sister - Installment 1

Hey, heeeeey!  So you may or may not have noticed that I make a fairly concerted effort to use solo pictures of the girls in their monthly/quarterly updates.  You may be thinking that this means we keep them in separate rooms.  Au contraire mon frere- it's actually pretty difficult to keep these two apart and/or to get pictures of them individually.  I do this partially because when both are in them I am not sure who's updates they should go in, and also partially because I know they are two separate people who will want to know they each had their own time in the spotlight one day.

This methodology works fine except WHERE DO I PUT THE CUTE SIBLING PICS?!  So that's what I'm attempting to start here. An outlet for all the hilarious... er... awwww-inducing moments the two of them share.  I know you don't get enough pictures of my kids here so I'm sure you're hip hip hooraying at your desk.  (That was sarcasm font.)

Sweet baby girls, I hope that these pictures bring you all the warm fuzzies they bring me with less running from the kitchen to save Brynn's life.  You two are my heart and soul.

Nonnie brushing off those two-arm-holding skills when I was still in the hospital with B.  RIP "bert" (bird) book.  This one has now been "bwoke" by Emery the Destroyer.

I'm sorry- I thought you said that baby lives here now?!  No one ran that by me.  (Looks like no one ran it by Brynn either.)

Psssst- I totally used that first.  Buuuuurn.

Helping Daddy out by teaching him about Brynn's anatomy.  Note I didn't take a picture of when we get to "eye," because all hands need to be on deck at that part in the lesson.

"Baby" was crying, so Emery came over to hold her hand.  Pretty freaking precious.

Reading a book with Daddy bear.

Shhhh, shhhh baby.  This is the good part of Property Hunters.

If aggressive kissing were an Olympic sport, Emery would be a medalist without a doubt.

I think this was "eye."  Are we always this well dressed in our house?  Yes.  Yes we are.  Fashion week, eat your heart out.

Hey, hey guys.  Can you help me out and turn my head towards the tv?  What are you watching?!

More hand-holding.  Sure it usually ends in yanking but I like to believe the original intent is positive.

Love means not using a cup to feed baby "coffee," but pouring is straight from the pitcher.

Donuts for sister.

Practicing that aggressive kissing form.  Can never be toooo perfect.

"Cup kate" for baby.  Note how intently Brynn watches Emery.  She senses danger.  (Also, please forgive the fact that Emery is wearing the same few outfits over and over.  Mama doesn't wake up all the time before school.  Daddy knows about 3 outfits that have been approved to match.  He uses them to their fullest extent.  Love you, Daddy!)

Trying to show baby her "car."  Turns out Brynn doesn't like paper cars any more than real ones.

Psssst.  Brynnie.  How's my breath?

Watching some "animoes" waiting for Daddy to get home from work.  

Oh you know.  Just going to the grocery store in our jammies.  The Martins ooze class.

When we purchased this chair I liked the rocking feature.  My feelings have changed slightly based on the above.

I was making Emery practice saying "I lof tu, sis-er."   I think she got it.  The snack catcher to the head really sealed the deal.

Emery threw a fit because she wanted to "hole" baby.  The crying caused Brynn to launch into a tirade.  I let Emery hold her.  Clearly Brynn didn't appreciate it.  Have I nailed this parenting thing or what?

1 comment:

  1. *slow clap*. GREAT idea for a posting. These girls are toots and a hoot. Can't wait for more installments!!

    ReplyDelete