Friday, February 27, 2015

Hallmark Holiday 2k15

Foreword:  Thank you all so very mucho for all the love and support from my last post.  I have struggled a lot with the idea of going back to work and what that means about my Mama-ing skills.  It was so comforting to know that I'm not alone in feeling that.  I think we should all form a support group.  One that holds regular meetings at brunch-ing locations.  Thoughts?  And now back to my regularly scheduled life-as-we-know-it documentation.

So just a couple of days before I went back to work the big VD hit.  Perhaps I've worded that poorly.  Valentine's Day.  That happened.  In this house the month of February has always been a significant one.  Ryan and I spoke for the first time at a party in February 2005.  We started dating in February 2007.  We got engaged in February 2010.  I think you get the idea.  Ironically for as much as I love the month and what it means to us, we kind of don't really do much celebrating of it's claim to fame.  However I have to say that having two little Valentines does inspire me a bit more to do some cheesy things.  You win after all, Hallmark!

This year the Daddy asked me what I wanted to do, and to absolutely no one on the planet's shock I said I wanted to go to Starbucks.  So that is precisely what we did.  We loaded up our jammied children first thing and we planted our behinds at the Starbucks down the street.  I could not have been happier.  I'm a simple woman, guys.

Cake pops inspire the same look of awe in yours truly.

Maybe if I wear these giant oversized lips they'll mistake me for a toddler and let me have some cookie.  Lisa Rinna, eat your heart out.

I was feeling real festive and got a raspberry iced coffee.  I was also feeling real tired because I went venti.  Kapow!

My world.

I was supposed to share this.  Turns out sharing isn't in mine or Emery's genetics.

After our morning ode to love and silly holidays, we kept with our theme as of late and hit the road for a birthday party.  This special day was devoted to our friends, Erin & JT's, eldest son, Will.  His shindig was at Chuck E Cheese and the kids couldn't have loved it more.  Pizza, a giant mouse and a sess pool of germs?  Sign them up all day er'y day.  

The McClains were in attendance but down one man- Jonathan.  We assured Melanie that the 3 of us could totally handle 4 children, 3 of whom are under 2.  We may have set a world record for laps done around a Chuck E Cheese.  I feel confident all of us slept better that night than we have in a long time.  Like maybe ever.  

Suffice it to say that everyone had an awesome time and we are so grateful that we got to celebrate our sweet friend Will.  We sure do love that handsome little man!

I had no idea this game required so much strategy.

Firm grasp on the sippy.  All athletes have to stay hydrated.

Em was totally into getting into these rides.  Until they started.  Then she wanted the heck out.

The only man who will put his arm around my kid until she's at least 35.

Sweet Avery.  Clearly she didn't appreciate my taking a picture of her while she's eating.  I can understand that.

Avery and the birthday boy's sibs, Eva & Wes.

You're welcome Mel.  I really wanted to post the other one.

If you can't eat the pizza, the moby wrap is your next best option.

I totally failed because I think this is the only picture I got of the birthday boy.  DOH!

Chuck E, Chuck E- sign my hand!

Emery made Ryan chase Chuck E down only to brutually rebuff a high five request.  That's my girl!

When dating under the age of 4, a chaperone is always involved.

Hey baby, let me show you how fast this bad boy will go.

Sweetest little sibs.  Kisses to my Avery and Jakey!

Stop!  Hammer time.  (Sorry- I had to!)

To round out the day, my dear hubby helped me get the kiddos to bed and then sneakily surprised me with a sushi dinner.  Starbucks and sushi in one day?!  Heaven on earth, peeps!  He also bought me some flowers.  For those of you who know Ryan's financial thoughts on the purchase of flowers (and cards- don't get him started) you recognize that this was quite the heart felt gesture.

Did you think that Valentine's Day might end there?  You don't realize how spoiled we are then.  The next evening, my incredible parents insisted that we take some time out for a date night.  They drove in from Conroe to watch the girls on Sunday so that we could go out to dinner.  This was our first date night since having them both.  Also maybe our first date night since 2012?  It's tough to say.  Either way- we really enjoyed it and are beyond grateful for their generosity.

So, for two people who really don't believe too much in Valentine's Day, we sure got to celebrate it in style.  Thank you to everyone who participated in making it one of the most memorable ones yet!  Special thank you to my parents for watching the girls.  I can't iterate enough times how blessed we are to have you!  And, of course, to my darling husband- Ryan, you will never understand just how much these girls and I love you.  There's no one more worthy of being celebrated on the day of love than you.  For all you do, you will forever be our Prince Daddy!  I hope that everyone else's day was equally full of sweet gestures and caffeine as mine.

1 comment:

  1. 10 years is absolutely worth celebrating! Also, that pic of Mel and her bebe's is awesome. It seems to tell such a story in body language alone.

    ReplyDelete