Friday, March 13, 2015

Discussions with Daddy: Segment 6

Well friends, I got wrapped up in that whole having-a-baby thing and this little segment fell by the wayside.  The good news about that?  I have more stockpiled than usual.  I would like to tell you I have captured every single funny thing that has been uttered in our house since I last posted in August, but alas- that would be a lie.  I haven't been quite as hands-free lately as I need to be to succeed in that arena.

I've noticed that as Emery becomes more vocal herself, the exchanges are no longer one-sided which means they are even more hilarious.  So you have that to look forward to in the future.  Silver linings?

Enjoy a small snippet of life around here as of late.


  • (Getting Emery ready to go to school in the morning.  Background, Ryan had a panic attack when he was certain that at 13 months old one of Emery's classmates greeted him with "Good morning!")  "Em, are you excited to go to school?  We'll go see Anakin and Kalyn and your future boss!"
  • (Playing with bath toys one evening)  "That's an octopus.  Octo from the Latin for 8.  You'll need that for your SATs one day."
  • (One evening while trying to unload the dishwasher after school.  Emery kept bending down to try to drink the water in it.)  "Honey, this isn't Naked and Afraid."
  • (During a diaper change with a higher whining to not whining ratio than usual.)  "Sweetheart- have you heard the expression, 'you catch more flies with honey than by being an a-hole?'"
  • (Wreaking havoc on the toy stash in the living room.)  "Daddy just cleaned that up!  Why don't you sit down and do some math problems?"
  • (One night I yelled into the bathroom to see what some commotion was about during bathtime and Ryan responded with the following:)  "Oh no big deal.  She's just holding Dolly over the edge.  Michael Jackson and Blanket style."
  • (One morning when Ryan picked out some palazzo pants to go under a dress.  I tried to impress upon him how much of a fashion miss this was.)  "A dress?  This is not a dress.  Maybe for some hussy baby, but not MY baby."
  • (One evening he was changing out of his work shirt while I was running a bath for Emery.)  Ryan - "Hey Em, one day you might get married.  When you do, I hope he has a body like this! *flexes*"  Emery - "Yes."
  • (Ryan doesn't read the actual words in books.  He completely makes up his own.  One night Emery picked a Minnie book that is comprised of maybe 10 short stories about Minnie.  I was feeding Brynn so I'm not sure exactly what the story was about but I gathered it centered around daffodils.)  "And then Mickey said- wow, what a low margin product that is!"  "And Goofy told him, 'Minnie wants flowers.  If you don't buy her some, she won't talk to you.'  And Mickey said, 'I guess that's just how women are.'"
Just a Daddy & his princesses in a sea of pink.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of the three of them! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete