Friday, September 18, 2015

(i)Phone Spy: 2.5 Years - Emery

On Sunday September 6th, my precious first born turned 2.5, which completely blows my mind.  I swear it was just yesterday that I was googling miracle products for screaming infants.  I will save the verbiage for my Emery Tracker post but man oh man is this kid a treat.  She is absolutely one of a kind and I could not be more proud or thankful to be her Mama.

Mom, have you checked out these nutrition facts?  No no- not the fat, the serving size.  I think you and Dad are shorting me.

You want me to brush my teeth?  Nah, I'm good.  Why don't you brush yours?

Pre-work/school reading.

Dad, I see you getting closer to my donut.  That doesn't make me more likely to share with you.

Clearly going to be a basketball star.  I think Sheryl Swoopes got her start in sparkly boots just like this.

Uma and I are just contemplating life over here.  Can I help you?

All hail Princess No-Hugs!

I don't think maroon is her color.

What is the over/under on when she first uses this to "run away from home?"

I believe she is demonstrating her "jjjjjjump."  If you're thinking that I caught this on the landing, think again.  This is pretty much all there is to it.

I just can't even today, Mom.

It's so rough constantly having the paparazzi on your tail.  AmIright, Bella?!

I don't know how to turn this sideways because we know I'm not technologically gifted, but omg, how cute is my kid?!  Totally unbiased, obviously.

I don't think she realizes that cupcake jammies aren't the same as camo.

You're not getting a bag for yourself?  This one is mine.

This was the week Ryan was burying the cable line ATT came out and re-routed.  I can't even express how cute Em was.  She had her own little shovel to "help."

Color Wonder markers are the best invention ever.  Ever.

In our house we like to start with the classics- you know, like Rachel Ray's 5 minute dinners.

Her Daddy has this same zoned out look while brushing his teeth every morning.

Swinging in the swing that Pawpaw made her.

Packing to go to school for the day clearly requires a great deal of things.

Here we are jumping again.

I think this is one of the first times I put her hair in a real ponytail and I just couldn't get over the cuteness.  So cute that I couldn't stop myself from taking a picture of her in our disorganized hot mess of a cupboard.

#FlexFriday.  #FitFam.

Where else would they go, Mom?!

Creeping on Nonnie reading to Em before bed one night.  Be still my heart!  We love our Tuesday visits.

I need this child's misuse of sleeping equipment documented.  For at least a month solid she utilized a pillow as a blanket and completely ignored her actual blanket.

Everyone knows women are multi-taskers.

Does she look about 16 to anyone else?

Bella is the only one who gets any cuddles.

In the middle of a shopping trip this kid had a wardrobe malfunction which resulted in her looking like this despite our best efforts to keep her from flashing HEB patrons.

Forever and always my cupcake.

1 comment:

  1. Ponytail, ftw. Papparazzi photos, excellent. Future flasher/hippy/compound living human, imminent. The glee on Ryan's face with Em in Maroon, palpable.

    ReplyDelete