Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Brynn Tracker: Ten Months

Author's Note:  Ugh, I really have to stop getting so far behind!  Precious Brynn Brynn, I hope you understand that my delinquency in posting these days is a by product of how busy our lives are as opposed to a disinterest in documenting, or cherishing, all you're up to lately.  I promise to keep after it- hopefully my tenacity at least counts for something.

The Story
On September 18th the Boo Boo hit 10 months.  I have said it before and I'll say it again- I just adore this age.  Such a perfect blend of starting to understand and interact with the world around them without having too many opinions to assert.  Discovering the world through an infant's eye is truly so much fun.  Particularly this one who laughs uncontrollably and prefers to discover it upside down.

I'm a biased Mama and all that jazz, I know, but isn't she beautiful?

So let's see- honestly this month was more of the previous.  If there were a speed crawling medal in some sort of Infant Olympics, this kid would take the gold.  I am sure I should be ashamed to admit this- but there are times when I have to dash after her so quickly that I nearly break into a sweat.  She also crawls like Penguin (anyone watch Gotham?!) walks.

She continued to loooooove food.  Oddly, she's not much for fruit.  Bananas are about the only ones I can get her to eat at home.  She started eating the school lunch this month and appears to be doing very well.  See the school stuff category below for more detail.  Her love of food doesn't end at human food.  This child has made it her personal mission in life to eat Lola's food.  Thanks to the miracle of being a second child- she's come close on multiple occasions.  One day I had to shove nearly my whole hand down her throat to get it out.  Her response?  She just laughed.  We are in trouble.

Sister, I think it's pretty cool how you're scaling those huge tubs of clothes and it's going totally un-noticed while Mom and Dad are distracted with me.  Teach me your ways.

I always struggle to capture her personality accurately.  She's actually hilarious but in a much different way than Emery.  The best way I can describe her is contagious.  When she laughs- you can't help but laugh.  When she smiles- you can't help but smile.  When she tears off across a room- you can't help but want to follow her.  She makes a lot of noise.  A looooot.  Happy coos.  Excited shrieks.  Machine gun sounding laughter.  You nearly always know where she is because she's rarely quiet.  If she is, it means she got to Lola's food and you better run.

Brynn is such an awesome juxtaposition between being observant (she's constantly craning her neck to see who's behind her) and being in her own little world (she's completely not bothered in the least by even category 5 Emery fits).  She's very good at playing by or entertaining herself- a trait this busy Mama is overwhelmingly appreciative of.

So if I crinkle it all up, I wonder if they'll keep taking pics?  I'm going to try it in 3...2..1...

She is my little cuddle bug.  My heart will break more than a little when she starts refusing to let me squeeze her on average every 2 minutes.  She still sucks her thumb at night and when she's really tired.  I secretly find it incredibly adorable.  I probably won't as much when she's 16 but hey- that's a bridge to cross later, huh?

I could go on and on but seeing as I'm 2 months behind I suppose I should go ahead and call this one so I have some things to share in the 11 month post, right?  We love you so much it hurts little B!

The School Stuff
So the main story for the month regarding Brynn and school is - wait for it- her eating.  Sound familiar?  When we first started letting her have school meals, the cook talked to us specifically to let us know the fruit we initially approved was not going to cut it because our child was hungry.  Brynn's actual teacher echoed those sentiments by letting us know "that baby needs to eat!"  I have a feeling when I take her to the doctor in a couple of weeks on her birthday her pediatrician may tell me we need to dial it down.

Nope... They just laid me down.  That backfired but gosh I'm hilarious!

The other day Ryan and I happened to be together at pick up time so we double teamed the kiddos.  Brynn's teacher was sooooo proud to tell us that she ate TWO who pancakes (insert size of pancake wild gesturing here).  She also informed us she wasn't supposed to let her have another pancake but "that baby needs to eat!'  Heaven help us.

The Stats

  • Height: 28.25"
  • Weight: 19 lbs 6 oz
  • Head: Yup, still there
  • Diaper Size: 3
  • Clothes: 9-12 months
  • Feeding: A 6 oz bottle about every 3 hours, breakfast, lunch and dinner (that baby needs to eat!)
  • Sleeping:  Our little booger has a very strict internal schedule.  You best be moving her towards bed at 7:15 pm or you are going to hear about it.  She still wants you to just put her down and get out.  She generally wakes up around 7:00 am but will sometimes fall back asleep until 8:00 or so.  On school days we wake her around 6:30.
  • Favorite Songs/Games:  She loves chasing or being chased.  She also loves being bounced around, held upside down or jumping.  Basically all the things that make my head hurt just thinking about.
  • Other Notables:  I didn't mention it above but she's still easily cruising and pulling up.  Her teachers, Ryan and I have all seen her stand multiple times but as soon as she realizes it's happening she plops down.  I don't think she'll walk any time soon because her level of interest is pretty low.
Like her father, she's learned that if she starts making cheesy, ridiculous faces the camera disappears.

1 comment:

  1. "That baby needs to eat!" Best mantra ever. Baby girl is just too cute. Less than one week to one year. WOW!

    ReplyDelete