Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ryan's Old Lady

On October 4th I turned 21.  (Haaaaaa.)  I know, I know- exciting milestone!  My sweet hubs and friends ensured that I didn't let this occasion go without notice by planning a joint fiesta for myself and my fellow October compadres.  Between kids, travel (not us clearly), and busy social calendars (also not us) - it's tough to get everyone together so this was perfection.

Melanie, Brendan and Ryan planned - ok, let's be honest- Melanie planned with minimal text interference from Brendan and Ryan- for us all to have dinner at El Tiempo.  Never ones to disappoint the wait staff, we ate more than our fair share of fajitas and downed more than half our side of the restaurant's share of skinny marg pitchers.

Afterwards we all headed over to Melanie and Jonathan's to have cake, more wine and supervise the men so that no one tried to jump over any pools or off any ledges.  I'm happy to report it was a success.  No injuries were sustained in this year's celebration.  Does this mean we're adults?  Or that Obamacare is making us think twice about how much these decisions cost us in dignity AND currency?  Hard to say.

Either way- thank you to all participants.  I love you so very much and am grateful for the temporary distraction from crying to myself while watching LTN thinking of how old I'm getting.  Smooches to you all!

Not good at selfies.

Very good at consuming desserts.

Jen's new boyfran.

The most delicious, and heaviest, cake I think HEB has ever made.

October 4th, 5th & 16th.

 This series of pictures is epic.  #nocaptionneeded





And in case you were worried that the adults were having all the fun, here's a few pictures of what Emmy Poo was busy doing with Grandma & PawPaw Martin.  


Just sitting like a big girl at the fire pit.

Apparently she was really into burning them.  Jen, maybe she's your's?

2 comments:

  1. Another year older and wiser, my friend. Such great things keep happening to you so I, for one, can't wait to see where this blog takes all of us on your grand adventure*!

    *Eventually a chicklit novel...I demand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshmallow roasting extraordinaire! Good form.

    ReplyDelete