Thursday, July 15, 2010

Coming Soon to a Body of Water Near You

As I mentioned in my previous post, my good friend Melissa, and her boyfriend Blake, came in town from Dallas for our surprise -1 Year Anniversary.  We had been planning their visit for a while, and so we went up to the lake on Saturday morning after the party.  Melissa was one of my college roommates my fifth year and I really miss having her around.  I am constantly trying to persuade (one might go so far as to say bribe) her to move to Houston.  She continues to resist - something about "humidity."  I've personally never noticed ;c)

Last visit I introduced her to Maui Wowi which I think was nearly enough to do it.  This visit I made a purchase so fantastic that it deserves it's own post and surely it tipped the scales.  Thanks to the magic of 35 minutes of research on Amazon.com and the push of a button, I am now the proud owner of this:



Yes, that's right, that is a floating beerpong table (sans included freezable racks - they were freezing, duh).  I can't take total credit for this purchase.  Ryan actually is the one who first came up with the idea, but he wanted to build one.  As I knew building one would take away from his busy Halo-playing schedule, I kindly took matters into my own hands. 


Blake and Melissa taking on Dad and Julie. 
"Should I aim at the cups?" - Melissa Ann Poorman


Mom & Grandpa even decided to give it a whirl.  Either Grandpa lied when he said he hadn't played before or he was a fratty in a former life.

The table was a big hit and I highly recommend this version to anyone in the market.  I just convinced you to move to Houston (more specifically Conroe) too, didn't I? 

The remainder of our weekend was filled with more mature activities - like sitting on the couch and watching 5 hours of HGTV.  Thank you again, Blake and Melissa for visiting.  I miss you... Blake.  Melissa, not as much.  :c)  Next time: Maui Wowi pong.

4 comments:

  1. I want one. I also want to meet the genius that invented this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where has this been the last 5+ years of our lives?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Maui Wowi! Just thought i'd throw that out there...haha. Oh and these beer pong tables are totally awesome! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried my over the shoulder throw again this past weekend, it wasn't nearly as successful, i think i need the buoyancy of the water or something :) such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete