Monday, July 12, 2010

FORE-th of July

Once again, I'm behind in the blogging.  Try not to gasp too loudly.  So the Fourth of July happened recently as you may recall.  It turned out to be a wonderfully relaxing weekend for yours truly.  Lots of time with fantastic friends and family.

Friday night we braved Noah's Arc type flooding in the name of Pappasitos and the Fall Creek crew.  Margaritas, chips and salsa can inspire (wo)men to great things. Jen, Brendan, Ryan and I headed up 59 to eat with Melanie, Jonathan, Erin and JT.  We had a wonderful time celebrating that Baby McClain is a BOY and discussing current events such as  R. Bowen Loftin's fashion sense. 

Saturday night we went over to Ryan's Aunt and Uncle's to celebrate his awesome cousin Jenny's Birthday.  I took no pictures because I forgot my camera, but if you close your eyes and imagine us stuffing our faces with burgers and cake, it will kind of be like you were there.  I ALSO got to see Miss Kylie with her eyes open for the first time.  I'm going to go ahead and steal Tiff's pictures and post them here because I can't get enough of this kiddo.


Ryan blocking Kylie's rays


Sunday morning I headed up to Casa Boarman where Ryan met us after he got off work.  Julie's friends, Chris, Will and Rachel were also visiting.  In the 9 years my parents have had the lake house it's seen just about everything imaginable: near limb amputations, proposals, people swimming across to the island, dogs on jetskis and in canoes, hardcore machinery, and several hours of SkipBo.  However, one thing we had somehow never considered doing until July 4, 2010 was golfing from the shore to the islands in our little cove.  Enter Chris and Will. 


Tee broom box

No shoes, no shirt, no caddy.

Will

Chris

Ball Retrieval System

Sometimes clubs get lost in the lake.


Julie getting in on the action

Rachel

After our own little Shell Conroe Open we relaxed the rest of the Holiday weekend with my family and my  Grandpa who's in town.  We ate delicious Caddy creations.  We discovered the magic of Words with Friends.  Perfect QT with some of my favorite people.  :c)

Thanks to all who participated in putting another memorable July 4th in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment