Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lake Hopping

I'm sure you have been losing sleep thinking I've been neglecting my life long dream of being a lake rat after a month long drought of lake mentions in posts.  Never fear friends, my sunburned shoulders prove otherwise.  Over the past couple of weeks, Ryan and I have been lucky enough to get to do a little lake hopping around greater Houston. 

Melanie and Jonathan invited us out on Lake Houston where we spent a day hunting ficitional investment properties, admiring Melanie's mad boat trailer skillz, catching up, trading highschool stories and trying to monitor the boys cursing about the stock market in the midst of unsuspecting children.  After boating we went back to Jonathan's Mom's house where his amazing mother was kind enough to let us swim in her pool AND feed us - an act of kindness she surely regretted after hearing Ryan and Jonathan's conjectures on child-rearing.  All in all, an amazingly wonderful day- thank you so much McClains!

I did a terrible job taking pictures.  The only ones I have are of the boys wakeboarding.  Go ahead and bask in their manliness though - they'd want you to.


Aggie Football talk > watching where you're going

Yanny Mac- trader or wakeboarding pro?  Hard to tell.

Maybe just trader.

Watching where you're going is for girls.

I think he fell immediately after this.

Okay, on to Lake Conroe.  The next weekend, Shawna & Austin and Jen & Brendan stopped by for the day.  As I'm sure you can imagine, the day can be summed up fairly concisely with the following art piece:


A lot of beer was consumed.  A lot of fun was had.   A lot of quotables.  Overall, great day with some great people.  I don't think I can explain it any better than with some pictures.  Enjoy.


Beerpong drafting.  Way cooler than fantasy football drafting.

Team Jawna

Team Ratt

Team Jumy

Team Hairy Chests.  What?  Does that not go?

Peace, love & brunch

Typical

Cuuuuuute

I can't stop laughing at this one and the next one...


The next day, the Martins and the Eastmans came up to Lake Conroe.  Ryan and I's families haven't spent much time together but at this point it's too late for either party to try and talk us out of dating.  You have to figure if Ryan's parents can tolerate hearing the same story involving Cheerios and babysitting 10 times in one night, they can most likely stomach Daddio's fashion sense, right?  (Don't worry, we did tell my Dad he couldn't wear his shorts and hiking boots together for this soiree - just to be safe)

Nothing bonds a family like some spirited games of floating beer pong.  We spent the day swapping embarrassing stories (mainly about Ryan - I've never done anything embarrassing obviously), eating fajitas, cooing at Kylie Pie, and taking a boat ride.  It was an absolutely perfect day - I love myself some Marstman time.  :c)


Mr. Martin & Daddio versus Ryan & Matt

Eastmans versus Mrs. Martin & Ryan

Kylie thought Mom's visor was hilarious

Most beautiful future niece in the world

Almost as good as fajitas

Hahaha.  I love this picture.

Kylie's hat is not one size fits all

Tiffany, Ryan E & Kylie

This is where I get it from

The end.

1 comment:

  1. A. Im a fan of team hairy chest
    B. In the Team Jawna picture the clock in the background reads 2:40 pm. Notice all the empty beer cans? Bad news!
    C. I love that the 'rents partook in some good ole fashioned floating beer pong!

    Fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete