Monday, August 9, 2010

Nuptial News: Installment Two

In comparing this issue to the first, you would think I've gotten nothing done this month.  You would be mostly correct... but I did get one BIG thing crossed off the list.  I now have a dress.  This was the part of the process I was most nervous about (after finding a place that is).  It is such a relief to have it crossed off! 

The timing worked out so perfectly and I could not feel more fortunate.  On July 24th I went to the Princess Bridal with my Mom, Jen, Julie, Mrs. Martin and Tiffany in tow.  I am so thankful they were there because I was standing in the middle of a room blankly staring and not saying anything.  You might say I was catatonic.  Luckily they flew into action and started pulling dresses...otherwise I may have stood in the same position for at least 45 minutes.  I tried on about 8 and we all agreed one was a winner.  It happened to be exactly my size.  We left without getting it because my Mom is a lot more logical than me.  :c)

Later in the week my Mom told me since it's a big purchase, you want to be absolutely sure and since it was the first time I'd tried on dresses maybe I should try another place.  Blah, blah, blah... All VERY logical and wise things to say.  I booked an appointment at another bridal place and then called back the Princess Bridal to make my follow up appointment (I felt pretty certain this was my dress).  When I called back the Princess Bridal I found out the dress I'd tried on was for sale in a sample sale the weekend of July 29th and that it was 60% off.  Immediate rush of panic.  I set up an appointment at 5 pm on Thursday (the first full day of the sample sale).  I also proceeded to inform them that I'd be calling the next day to check on it.  A lot. 

I called the next day at 11:30 (1.5 hours into the sample sale, mind you) and they told me a lady from the Woodlands had called about that exact dress and was on her way to look at it.  I crossed my fingers, moved my appointment up to 3:00 and got myself some Schlotzkys that I was too nervous to eat.  At about 1:45 my Mom and sister couldn't take the suspense anymore.  They called and told me they were going up there and that I should follow suit.  I got there at 2:30 and miraculously the dress was still there.  I knew because my Mom and sister were standing next to it, guarding it like lions.  A few people there told me that I was very lucky because the dress had been tried on already that day.  Apparently the person from the Woodlands had tried it on and left to think about it. I tried it on one last time, teared up a little and the dress was sold. 

"What does it look like?"  It is white.  That's about all I will divulge.  I've always been a weirdo about dresses.  I wouldn't even show my homecoming dates my dresses beforehand.  I don't want you all envisioning some ethereal goddess and then being disappointed when it's just me.  :c)  The only disappointment I want anyone experiencing on July 9th is that Ryan didn't enter on an elephant.  Oops, did I reveal too much? 

Things Accomplished:
  • BOUGHT A WEDDING DRESS!
  • Set up a date for a bridesmaid dress-a-palooza
  • Set firm date for engagement pics
  • Started researching videographers
  • Set up a food tasting appointment
  • Added more questions and to-dos to my list
Things in the Pipeline*:
  • Still shoes (though thanks to Shawna's photoshopping skills I have some more ideas)
  • Booking an officiant/minister
  • Videographer
  • DJ
  • Everything
Ryan's Contributions:
  • Wedding Favors: Whataburger bucks
  • DJ:  A DJ who is also a magician
* if you have suggestions, by all means - lay 'em on me!

I wonder what I'll get accomplished in the next month....

3 comments:

  1. I will be attending the food tasting appointment! ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing Julie said before I even clicked Post Comment... great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad that you found your dress at our shop. Our sample sale IS a great sale! http://www.theprincessbridal.com

    ReplyDelete