Friday, September 17, 2010

Dress-a-palooza

This past weekend, the stars aligned and it just so happened that all of my fabulous bridesmaids were in town at the SAME TIME.  This is a serious feat considering of 7, 1 lives in Austin, 1 lives in Dallas and 1 lives in New York.  I picked out bridesmaid dresses a while ago - actually I finally picked our colors based on some bridesmaid dresses I found that I liked.  I selected a color/fabric and decided to let each of them pick the style they liked the best to ensure that everyone feels like the hottie that they are.  As I've told my Mom multiple times, I want people enjoying adult beverages to celebrate that Ryan will never again utilize a Coach Fran poster as home decor- not to forget how uncomfortable they are.

In order to make sure that the fabric/color didn't disappear with the season (because I would say there's a 98% change Ryan would call the whole thing off if I tried to change colors one more time) - I wanted to make sure we got these babies booked.  My Mom, Mrs. Martin, Tiffy, Julie, Jen, Shawna, Chelsea, Melissa and Courtney were all kind enough to oblige my craziness.

Since some of the ladies are from college life and live out of town, they haven't all gotten to meet the in-town post-college portion of the bridal party.  After 30 mins in a dressing room with strangers, I feel confident that everyone is now appropriately acquainted.  Actually, I believe after Melissa exited the dressing room in a size 26 v-neck dress that her chest was completely exposed in, I think everyone in Venturas is well-acquainted with her.

At the end of the day, I think that everyone found a dress that they liked, purchased it and I can promise you that each of them will be gorgeous.  :c)  After a hard day of shopping, we decided to extend our get-to-know-eachother session at brunch at Hungrys in Rice Village.  If you haven't been, I highly recommend it.  It's deeeeeelish.  I had such a wonderful time and was further reminded of how incredibly blessed I am to have paid off found such amazing friends.  Thank you to everyone who made this such a memorable day.  I can't wait for the Bachelorette Party.

Shawna, Melissa, Chelsea, Courtney, Jen, Tiffany & Jules


Melissa & Courtney


Shawna & Jules


Jen, Me & Chels


Mrs. Martin & Tiff


Chelsea & Mamacita

No comments:

Post a Comment