Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ice Flame McClain

After Lindsey & Justin's wedding on Saturday I had a baby shower back in H-town (Humble, not Houston) for our beautiful soon-to-be-mama friend, Melanie.  Jen and I woke up bright and early and drove home - well she drove and I wiggled around complaining about how badly my bum hurt.  Maybe from all the money maker shaking the night before?  J to the K.

Thanks to an accident, 35 turned into a parking lot and the first 45 minutes of our journey were spent within a 5 mile radius of our hotel.  This turned us both into giggly, delirious messes.  4 hours later we arrived at Melanie's mother in law's house for an awesome shower.  It was thrown by 5 of Melanie's friends/family members, one of whom is our friend, Erin.  They did a fantastic job with the food and decor. 

We also learned that Jonathan, Melanie's hubs, always said he would name his first child Ice Flame McClain.  Hence the title of this post.  I do not think that was a shared dream because Melanie put the kibosh on that one.  Jake Thomas is pretty close to Ice Flame, right?

Congrats to the McClains - I can't wait to meet that little bambino!  Tell him to put a little pep in his step because November is too far.  :c)


Erin made this - isn't it adorable?

My figure and I were both hoping this cake would not be very good.  No such luck- it was amazing.

Hot mama

Melanie and her present opening assistant

Heels weren't the best decision I made this day.

The hostest with the mostest

Jake's best friend is in there

No comments:

Post a Comment