Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dear Mama(s)

Did I just bust out a Tupac reference? YEAH I did.  I've been compiling some mama-related news/pictures and today in particular seems to be a mama-centric day, so here we go...

1.  MY Mama
Today is my dear Mother's birthday.  She's 18 again.  Difficult to believe, isn't it?  I know that everyone thinks they have the best Mom in the world, and that really is very cute.  However, I actually do.  Why, you ask?  Where do I even begin?  She is a lady who let my sister's friends start calling her Caddy in highschool (during the Mean Girls days)... and she just rolled with it.  Rolled with it so well that I don't think anyone, save my Grandfather, remembers her real name anymore (it's Kathe, btw).  She is also a lady that spent countless hours arguing with our bank the other day for me because they messed up my statements, I need them and I didn't have the time to do it.  She is a lady that sends us home with leftovers every single time I leave the house.  She is a lady who let my sister pants her while putting the Thanksgiving turkey in the oven a few years ago (granted she didn't have much choice- who wants to sacrifice 22 lbs of bird to swat my sister).  Nonetheless- stellar.  She is a lady who remembers my friends names (yes, all of you).  She is a lady who offered to call and wake me up before every single test in college (those of you familiar with my ability to wake up understand this).  I could go on for hours, but it can be best summed up by saying that she is THE lady who keeps my entire family running.  Not a one of us would be who we are without her and I can't thank her enough.  Happy Birthday Mamacita! 

My pretty Mom

2. Mama Melanie
Today our beautiful friend Melanie gave birth to a 7 lb, 3 oz chick magnet, Mr. Jake Thomas.  As you all know, I have been anxiously awaiting his arrival for quuuuuuite some time now.  I'm so happy that he's finally here and that he and his adorable madre are safe and sound.  Can't wait to officially meet him!  Congrats to Jonathan & Melanie.  The bundle of joy:

Baby Jake

3.  Mama Sara
A few weeks ago, on November 7th, specifically, I attended a shower for Sara and sweet little Savanna.  I was kiiiind of holding off on posting about it in hopes that she would post some pictures I could hijack borrow.   I was a tad frazzled and forgot to charge my camera battery beforehand.  Friend: fail.  The shower was hosted by 3 of Sara's fantastic friends and was absolutely flawless.  I learned a lot of things about childbirth that encouraged me to never attempt the endeavour myself.  In a related story, I'm now accepting applications for future surrogates.  I had such a great time and am so very excited to meet Miss Savanna.  Because I failed at doing this myself and because she's too cute not to be documented, here is Mrs. Lee:

Baby Savanna

4.  Mama Tiffy
I am fortunate enough to get to see Tiffany, Ryan E and Kylie Pie about 2 or 3 Sundays a month.  I have been stockpiling pictures of Miss K for a little while now and I figured this is a very appropriate post to share them in because Miss K happens to have a pretty incredible mama herself.  I love this little munchkin oh-so-very-much.

Haaaaaaappy Halloween

This face is priceless

So precious.

Ryan trying to teach Kylie to roll over.  And Kylie looking at him like he's lost his mind.  Get used to it, darlin'.

"Get out of my face, yo."


Proving Kylie rolling over > Ryan rolling over

I bet her Aunt is AWESOME.

4 comments:

  1. Aw! Congrats to Melanie! Thanks for using my 22 week picture instead of some of the more recent ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even change my oil on time or remember to move my laundry from the washer to the dryer without 4 days going by in between. Way to go, moms!

    Melanie...Sara...when can you drink again? Let's do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I especially love what you said about your mom. She sounds awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the mamas in this post!

    ReplyDelete