Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Remember a while back when I told you that I'd been distracted by some other potentially exciting news?  That was a true story and not just an excuse I was feeding you all to ebb the hate mail.  You know, with all the readers I have it was getting overwhelming.** 

As of today, November 30th, Ryan and I are homeowners.  Those of you who have taken note of my fondness (read: unhealthy obsession) for HGTV probably realize that this is absolutely the greatest Christmas present in my life.  Unless I someday have a child on Christmas... and even then it might still be close.  (JK future child!  Also, eat your vegetables).

the Hulk of Home Ownership

We first visited the house on October 24th, we fell in love, we made an offer on October 26th and by October 28th we had reached an agreement.  Then came some incredibly stressful weeks figuring out insurance, finances, color coordination schemes (obviously this is a top priority), where Ryan can put his fictional jaeger machine (we have different priorities), etc.  Somehow we managed not to physically injure one another throughout the process... Future Martins: 1, Universe: 0.  Which brings us to today- November 30th, the day we became homeowners.  I won't go into sap mode on you guys, but I'm not going to lie- I'm pretty excited.

Because I'm sure you all are curious, and because I want to remember what it looks like in case Ryan destroys it during the 7 months before the wedding that he is the only tenant, here is our new abode:


Casa de Martin

Entry way


Formal Living Room


Dining Room

Family/Living Room

Kitchen

Kitchen, Part Two

Backyard

Backyard + Back of the house

We (we = me) plan to have a big housewarming sometime post-wedding.  Until then if you drop by you will likely find Ryan by himself, scantily clad, eating chili out of a can on a lawn chair.  So I recommend holding off on that for a while. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who helped make this happen- that includes our wonderful friends who kept me sane, our terrific family who provided insight and help, our fantastic realtors and most especially my future hubby - who, to put it simply, put up with me.  :c)

** extreme sarcasm font

7 comments:

  1. The house is beautiful!! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Amy!!!!! it's gorgeous ... def..won't stop by until you are a permanent resident of the house ..would not want to find Ryan with the blow up doll he usually brings everywhere :) Congrots to both of you on the House!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay! New place to party!! :) Are you registered for a self cleaning lint trap?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so happy yall got a picture with the sold sign!! :) I can't wait to visit ... most likely every weekend. Hope you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YYYYAAAYYYYY!!! So, will I get to pick out the colors and such for my room? haha ;) Looks pretty from the outside, can't wait to see the inside in real life soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, the house is gorgeous!!!! I love it! Congrats to you & Ryan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Your house is BEAUTIFUL! So happy for you two:)

    ReplyDelete