Sunday, December 12, 2010

Baby Sleeping Beauty

This past weekend, on December 4th, our dear friend Erin's friends and family threw her a baby shower.  The shower was at her parents' house which was absolutely beautiful.  Prior to the shower, I decided that in order to circumvent the crisis situation I always find myself in at Babies 'R Us, ("Jen, are you sure that is the right SKU #?  They're having a boy and  this is pink with ladybugs...") I decided to order online from Pottery Barn Kids.  Erin has great taste and the present I selected was adorable.  I ordered about 3 weeks in advance.  Gift wrapping?  Yes please.  I hit the "confirm order" button with confidence and pride. 

Fast forward a week when I receive this in the mail:

Why hello, Christmas!

So apparently "gift wrap" means Christmas gift wrap.  Doh! 

At the shower, we spent the afternoon exclaiming over Erin's precious baby photos, hearing funny stories and watching her open lots of adorable loot (my gift wrap not withstanding). 

Erin's younger sister set up a trivia game that revolved around all kinds of questions about Erin's experiences/thoughts/concerns during her pregnancy.  Thanks to this game I am now aware that while Baby S (who is a boy) does not have a parent-given name, he does have a family-given name.  Erin's precious niece has suggested the classic name of "Sleeping Beauty."  I really hope that they wind up choosing that.

I had a fantastic time and I can't wait until little Baby S's arrival in February!

Okay, so I ate first (priorities) and took pictures after.  Obviously the food was delish, and the decor was precious.

Blessing tree

Haha - I love it.

It was just as tasty as it was adorable.

The loot.

Adorable mama


Jen, Melanie & Jill

Jen, Erin & I

1 comment:

  1. Umm... you can't even tell a.) Melanie JUST had a baby and b.) Erin is pregnant. haha. Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete