Sunday, September 18, 2011

Princess Whiskerface

Did you think that I forgot about our precious fur baby in the midst of all these wedding shenanigans?  Not a chance.  Trust me, Lola would not allow that.  She barks at you if you look at her for 5 seconds without talking to her. 

I originally planned to track Princess Whiskerface's growth month by month like most people do with their human children, buuuuut that was before I got months behind on blogging.  So, this post will be a long one and it will include lots of pictures/video.  After all, I have 2 months of Lola pics to catch you up on, which is like 14 months of human time.  She's practically driving now!

Since the last time we visited on the topic, our little Lola-bean has developed quite the personality.  She is incredibly sweet and would literally probably lick your leg off if you did not stop her.  When she first wakes up from a nap she's the world's biggest cuddlebug.  She has 2 periods during the day where she's a total spaz and I'm convinced that she's been taken over by some kind of aliens- once in the morning between 6 am and 7:30 am and once again in the evening between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm.  During these periods of craziness she has been known to do any of the following: (1) run in circles/triangles around the backyard, our living room or the kitchen island, (2) pull every toy and/or her bed out of her room, (3) look at you and bark for no real reason, (4) find cardboard boxes you were previously unaware existed and pull them into the middle of the living room (5) discover rocks in the fireplace you didn't know were there and drag as many as she can into our shag rug and/or (6) make it her personal mission to trip you.   These are the times when I call her Ryan's dog.

The remainder of the day she just makes us laugh.  She's quite the diva.  For instance last weekend I went out to run errands and Ryan texted me about 5 minutes after I'd been gone that she went into her room and shut the door.  Obviously we were not entertaining her sufficiently.  Another particularly diva-esque time Ryan and I were working on maneveuring rugs under our newly purchased bedroom furniture (oh don't worry- that post is coming) and when we were done and went to find her... she was seated on the stairs... butt and hind legs on the first stair, front legs on the ground (please try to conjure that mental image)... like she was waiting for a bus to take her to a home where people would never turn their attention from her for more than 5 minutes.  Also, I kid you not, she wants her hair dryed.  When I dry my hair each morning she lingers around me- weird right?  Most dogs would be terrified of that noise.  When I point it at her she moves her head back and forth to ensure consistent drying.  Obviously she really should have been a Hollywood dog.

If you fall asleep on the couch, be prepared for an incoming wet nose to the cheek or forehead in 30 minutes or less.  If you get down on the ground, she WILL run full-speed at you and leap into your lap, I recommend wearing pants.  She has extreme fascinations with the dishwasher and the ice maker.  She has a superhuman ability to discern when you're walking towards her room and when you're about to hit up the icemaker because she will awake from a dead sleep and be under your foot before you know what happened.
I could probably think of about 100 other funny stories from our little Lola-face, but I'll start posting pictures instead.  Overall, I just can't say enough how much I adore her.  There are few feelings in the world as satisfying as going to let her out in the morning or in the evening when you get home from work and seeing her so excited her entire body is wagging.  I love you Princess Whiskerface.

Oh, P.S., because I'm sure someday I'll forget such facts- when we first brought her home Lola weighed 16 pounds.  As of her last vet trip (approximately 2 weeks ago), she weighed 31 pounds.

Sadly, I can no longer do this.

I'm sure we were watching House Hunters.  Chip off the ol' block, right?

Helping Ryan hang a mirror.  D- in understanding of personal space.

Can you tell she's as excited about me getting a Cherry Limeade as I am? (P.S. We were at a stop sign and she's only in the front seat because Sonic is close).

Just a little afternoon army crawl.

Visiting Abby.  And stealing her bed.

On average 3 times per week Ryan says, "Look- I tamed the beast," and I run into the room to find something like this...


... or this...

... or this.  (She laid like this completely content for a solid 7 minutes.)

Hoping if she stares at me long enough the camera will morph into an ice cube.

She's definitely sleeping in this picture.  No, seriously.

Mmmhmm... Also sleeping.  Still stealing Abby's bed.

I think this might be the strangest sleeping position to date.

Worn out from playing with Bill, our neighbors' dog.  Yes, her nails are pink.... that was short-lived.

Because my favorite thing about puppies is the adorably clumsy way they move, which isn't easily captured in pics, I took some video.  I know, I know- I'm so sweet.  Enjoy.  :c)  (I may be sweet but I have no knowledge of how to make video shorter, so I apologize that these may go a little bit past the cute/funny part...)

Lola playing with the hose.


Little bit of Henry the Hedgehog (R.I.P.) and a little bit of din-din.

This is no longer an inside toy.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHHA.... proudest aunt EVER!!!! I LOVE the last video... you can tell at the very end she trips over herself. :)

    ReplyDelete