Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Eve of Schamble-ization

I made a promise to myself that before I leave for my cousin's wedding in 2 weeks I am going to get CAUGHT UP on blog posts.  Prepare yourself to learn about all the exciting things I've done in the past 1.5 months.  Here goes nothing...

On August 19th, we all rehearsed greatness at Jen's gorgeous wedding venue, the Parador, and then headed over to Birraporretti's downtown for a beautiful rehearsal dinner hosted by her amazing in-laws.  I apparently dubbed myself the official photographer of the evening and insisted on taking pictures of everyone there regardless of whether I knew them or not.  Which is not creepy at all.

We carb loaded for the next day's events by dining on delicious pasta and enjoyed watching Jen & Brendan's youth succinctly captured in a 15 minute slideshow.  The entire evening was flawless- save for a cake decorating snafu that led to the cake reading "Congratulations Brenda & Jen."  Luckily Brendan's trained auditor eye caught that prior to leaving the cake shop.  What is a wedding-related event without a good story?

After the party, it was the hotel lobby for many of us.  Several adult libations may or may not have led to my bridesmaid dress pulling a disappearing act between Birraporrettis and the hotel.  Thanks to Rashell's quick thinking and no thanks to my maniacal laughter regarding the situation- the dress was recovered promptly to be nearly lost in an escalator incident.  Once again, Rashell saved the day... which was so physically exhausting that she fell in the lobby.  More hysterical laughter ensued.  The story has a happy ending though because the dress did indeed make it safely to the shelter of Jen's hotel suite. 

The entire evening was the perfect way to kick off the wedding festivities and to get everyone excited for the next day.  Thank you to the Schambles who were kind enough to host the event, to the hotel for not kicking us out despite the aforementioned stories and thank you to Jen & Brendan for giving us cause to celebrate.  Enjoy my foray into being an unsolicited photographer.  Haaaaaa!  Love you Jendan!

Hottie lovebirds practicing those vows.

The men feigning attentiveness.

The women rocking it.  Of course.

Rashell, Lori, Amanda, Dena, Jen, Me, Shawna & Chelsea.  Team Bellini.

These boys are a party by themselves.  Bobby, P, Jen & Nav.

Bobby & Ryan- no doubt discussing their important duties the next day.

Brendan's brother, Ryan, & his wife-y, Karen.

Brendan's absolutely precious grandparents.

Steve F & Brendan.

Jen's Aunt Jayne, Jen's sister in law Janelle & Jen's brother Chris.  Also pictured: Jendan's sweet new nephew Carter.

Glowing bride and her sweet FIL & MIL.

Rowdy Table  - Cameron, Chelsea, Dena, Shawna, Lori & Matt.

Howie & Rachel - the best pianists in Houston.

Why do I have a picture like this from every event?

Bride & her maids - Chelsea, Lori, Jen, Rashell, Amanda & I.

The. End.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time!!! I LOVE the last picture... it looks like you're wearing a clown nose but I'm fairly certain its just a rose petal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL to the last picture. I thought it was a clown nose too! Great update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Wish we could do it all over again!

    ReplyDelete