Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanks-Full: Edition 4

  • Friday, November 25th - Having Immediate Family In-Town.  So many of my friends have spouses or significant others from out of town which means splitting holidays.  Despite the fact that the patrons of Wal-Mart in Conroe might lead you to believe you're in another world, I am thankful that it is not. I am SO SO SO thankful that Ryan & I's families live close enough that we can go to each of their houses in 1 day. 
 
  • Saturday, November 26th - Fresh Linen Scented Air Freshners.  I live with a man who includes Taco Bell as an entire category of his food pyramid and a pup who farts audibly.  I believe this one is self-explanatory.    

  • Sunday, November 27th - Guadalajara.  First and foremost, it's delicious.  Second, I'm not sure where the Martins would celebrate birthdays and/or other occassions without it.  I have some great memories at that place- from the first time I went and met Ryan's WHOLE Missouri family right after we lost to A&M to tonight when Kylie pointed at one of the cowheads and said "woof."  Thanks Guad.

  • Monday, November 28th - My In Laws.  Today is my wonderful Mother in Law's birthday.  So many times I hear people complain about their In-Laws or say how they just don't feel close to them.  I feel so incredibly thankful to have In-Laws that I don't have to just tolerate, but who've actually become an extension of my own family.  They're warm, relaxed and they like making fun of Ryan as much as I do- a match made in Heaven.
 
  • Tuesday, November 29th - Christmas Music on Sunny 99.1.  A combination of being slightly sick and having the back-to-work blues has made getting into my car to go to work each morning a little bit more arduous than it's been in a while.  After the first verse of Rocking around the Christmas Tree or All I Want for Christmas, I'm a brand new woman.  Oh Sunny, what WOULD I do without your excessive festive music?

  • Wednesday, November 30th - Laughter.  I don't know how I'd make it through life without it. 

2 comments:

  1. You forgot this one for November 30th: "I'm thankful that today is the last day of 'Movember' so my husband no longer looks like a creeper". Jkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of these posts except November 29th - Christmas music. I'm learning to accept it but I can't say it's love.

    ReplyDelete