Friday, February 3, 2012

Happily Ever After: The Sumerlin Edition

As I've stated before on several occassions, I just don't feel right muddying up life's most important moments with my sarcastic banter, so I'll make this short and sweet and let the pictures do the talking. 

On January 14th, after 6+ years of being together, Shawna & Austin got hitched!  It was absolutely gorgeous and everything that each of them deserved.  Actually... maybe more than they deserved given stories that were unearthed during the speeches, but I digress.  Juuuust kidding!  I believe it's overwhelmingly evident from all the stories I've told on this blog that they are 2 utterly fabulous human beings who deserve nothing but the best in life (and lots of hotdogs).

We spent the day leisurely getting ready, watching the world's calmest bride, turning Dena's hair gray, watching the beautiful ceremony with the backdrop of sunset, laughing at speeches, eating incredible food and dancing our tooshes off.  It was a day I will never forget (mainly because I expect to be taken on an annual anniversary trip back to Cabo) and I feel so incredibly blessed to have been a part of it all.  Thank you so much for including me and a heartfelt congratulations to Justin & Shawna!

P.S. - Thank you to all the people I've pilfered pics from - Heather, Jen, Julie, Rindy & the talented Caroline Fontenot.  This post would be kinda boring without your excellence.



Simply stunning.



He cleans up pretty well after all.



What's better than a gorgeous dress with a perfect Cabo day as a back drop?  Yeah... nothing.


The whole shebang.



Dry shampoo does not equal hairspray.  Also- it turns your hair gray.  WHOOOPSIES.



Beautiful shoes for beautiful ladies.



Men in Black khakis.



Like a postcard.  Luckily Ryan resisted the urge to sing "pinche, pinche, pinche" to the rhythm of this mariachi band.


The march to Sumerlin-hood.


In the immortal words of Belinda Carlisle, "Oooh, heaven is a place on Earth."



High fives for Mr. & Mrs. Justin & Shawna Sumerlin!

If this doesn't end up as a motivational poster in a highschool some day, I will be shocked.


Can you nominate photos to be the ones that come in picture frames?  Is it creepy I'm asking?


Sista, siiiiista.


The hubster & I.


The only thing that could make this setting more scenic is our dancing.  Just keep scrolling.


Dress up for adults.


The Maids of Honor's speech was a hit... as one might expect when it included a chronological review of Shaustin's evolution via Facebook wall posts.


I wonder if Ryan Poppins is pulling Austin's Nike stock certificate or his purple TI-83 from his pocket at this moment.



Obviously Beth's disguise is working.  Jimmer looks confused.


The Jendan.


Bromance in the air.


Dirty Branch - all grown up.


Busting a move.


Dance battle.


Parental pow-wow.


Thrilllllllller.


Oh, there you are Desirees!


Making that bar look gooooood.


Ties were the evening's hottest accessory. 


Dramatic arm gestures were also very in, obvi.


Destination Wedding + Destination Prom all in one.


Were you worried we may have abandoned dancing at Desiree's for the sake of goofy pictures?  Have no fear my friends.



Shawna, this bartender took an excellent photo.  SFP material.


Lola is so lucky to have us for parents.


I think they may have missed their boy band calling.


I believe that's a wrap.

3 comments:

  1. Amy!! I always try to comment about the fun and exciting things you are always doing, and the fact that you always make me laugh, but my work computer never lets me :) It was so good to see you at Bucees!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, it is confirmed. I am going for my anniversary and you are all invited. Let's do this.

    I am still having a hard time with the fact that I missed the after party. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get a slow clap going for the most excellent parental photo for Lola? Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete