Sunday, March 4, 2012

21 Questions

... plus 1, but who doesn't love themselves a little 50 cent shout out every now and again?

Normally I would shy away from something like this, but I love my co-worker, Becca Boo, and this seems like a better lunch time activity than continuing to google "Home Depot Home Improvement Workshops"- so here we go!

THE RULES
1.  Post these rules.
2.  Post 11 random things about yourself.
3.  Answer the questions provided by the genius who tagged you.
4.  Create 11 new questions for the victims you tag.
5.  Go tell the people you tagged that you tagged them (bc this isn't Facebook)!

FACTS OF (my) LIFE
1. I have a very vivid memory of the first time my family rented a car. I was probably like 4 or 5 and we were going to visit the fam in Indiana for Christmas. We flew into Indy and were driving to South Bend. It was late and snowing and I increased the enjoyablity factor of the trip by crying and screaming for the better portion of the 2.5 hour trip because I thought my parents were stealing a car. You guys didn’t know Caddy & JJ were like Bonnie and Clyde, did you?

2. I cry much harder at sporting events than at movies. I once cried during ESPN Game Day. Ryan now watches that alone.

3. In first grade I came home one day and told my Mom I was in Reading with Richard. When she called the school to figure out who this potential perv was she learned I was actually in “Reading Enrichment” (which is kinda the same, right?). They thought I couldn’t read because I refused to read outloud in class. Turns out I was just cripplingly shy. I promptly got removed which really bummed me out because we got a lot of candy in there.

4. The pyramids, stonehenge and my real hair color are life’s biggest mysteries.

5. I have a serious dislike of space. I am not interested in it. I am glad people like Neil Armstrong (disclaimer: if he’s not an astronaut, just pretend he is… I don’t want to wiki it) exist and figure these things out. I however have much bigger fish to fry… like what TheSuperficial Guy has to say about Britney’s latest caper.

6. I really love animals- particularly dogs. It is written in my baby book that I used to talk to our dog, Champ, through the window all the time.

7. I have only been grounded probably 3 or 4 times in my life. Once was for roasting marshmallows in my room. With a coat hanger and a bath & body works candle. In high school. I still place about 80% of the blame for that situation on Julie and Jen. This story has been told at 2 weddings now- will it make it into yours?

8. My life goals are to a) run a marathon b) write a book and c) flip a house. Thus far I’ve accomplished 1.  1.5 if we count this blog as a novel?

9. As previously implied (#5) science is not my favorite subject. In 8th grade this happened on one of my tests.
Question: What is an example of the 4th type of matter (plasma)?
My Answer: That blue gooey icing on birthday cakes
Guess I zoned out that day in class. Apparently the real answer is lightening. No points awarded for creativity.

10. Ryan and I’s first date may or may not have been at Black Eyed Pea. He also may or may not have picked me up in the garage rather than walking to my door. Additionally, in this ficitional scenario he might have dropped me off in the garage because the Rockets had a play off game he needed to get to urgently. If this doesn’t merit the equivalent of a dating purple heart, I don’t know what does.

11. I won an art contest in 4th grade with a picture of a cow cleverly entitled “Cowabunga.” Yup, that happened.

MY QUESTIONS (courtesy of Becca):
1.  What was your most iconic or defining moment in Elementary, Middle and/or High School that helped shape YOU?
I'm not sure if this is really it, but it came to mind immediately.  Matt, Julie & I were really young- I was probably in Elementary school.  As she was putting me to bed I caught my Mom crying and when I asked why she told me we forgot her birthday.  That is why I remember almost everyone I meet's birthday and why I can usually tell you very specific dates surrounding life events.  It also emphasized the importance of thinking about others at all times- I never want to disappoint anyone like that ever again.

2.  What is your current favorite sing-a-long song right now?
I hate to say this because it's super cliche and poppy but I would have to go with "Set Fire to the Rain."  Ryan, don't divorce me.

3.  What makes it your favorite?
That one is obvious - my prowess at performing it.  I am awesome.

4.  If you could be anything at all in the world without worry about money or career paths, what would you be and why?
If I could be anything in the world I would rotate the following 3 jobs: relationship counselor, interior decorator and admin assistant. I love hearing about other people’s relationships, I am addicted to HGTV and typing (sans numbers or symbols) is one of my favorite things.

5.  What's your favorite meal to prepare?
Crock pot chicken & dumplings.  It's so easy and it makes my house smell heavenly.

6.  Which animal is your favorite to visit at the zoo and why?
Hippos.  I have always had an extreme love for overweight animals of any variety.  Plus their ears are so tiny!  It's hilarious.

7.  What is your biggest driving pet peeve when you're the PASSENGER?
I am not going to lie- I'm not usually paying attention to the driver's driving, BUT if I had to pick I would say when someone repeatedly keeps taking their eyes off the road to conversate and/or accelerates/decelerates like it is going out of style.

8.  If you could have a one-on-one conversation with one person currently living, who would it be and why?
This one is hard and I'm never good at answering these questions.  Probably Tina Fey because I really admire her.  She's smart, witty and sure of herself.

9.  What would be your first question?
Can you promise me that if I die, you will not marry my husband no matter how many times he asks?

10.  Do you think that the zombie apolcalypse is coming?
My Facebook newsfeed certainly implies that it is.  If I get one more Farmville/Mafiaville/Zombieville request, then I might actually kick it off.

11.  When you walk into Target, do you peruse the $1 section first like all sane people should?
Yes!  For 2 very good reasons- 1) there are usually animal crackers in there and 2) the other option right in your face at the beginning is the bathing suit section... I try to steer clear of that one.

QUESTIONS FOR MY PEEPS:
I am not sure that anyone will do this, so I'm tagging anyone reading this post.  However, since I need to put some people officially, I'm tagging the people I know who blog the most:  Becca, Sara, Brooke, & Shawna. Smooches to all.

1.  If you had a month off of work - what would you do with that time?
2.  What's a life goal of yours that most people may not know?
3.  What's your biggest guilty pleasure?
4.  What's your favorite quote?
5.  If you got Gilligan's Island-ed (laymen's terms: stranded on a deserted island), how long do you think you could survive?
6.  Biggest celeb crush - past or present (earmuffs, sig others!) and WHY?
7.  What's next on your travel to-do list?
8.  What's your most embarrassing moment?
9.  What was your favorite childhood TV show?
10.  If you could only eat at one restaurant the rest of your life- which would you choose?
11.  If you had to partner with one Jersey Shore cast member to go on Jeopardy- who would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. *slow clap* The one about your mom nearly brought a tear to my eye. I'm very confused about crying at ESPN more than movies. Also, please share a picture of Cowabunga. This could be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard the story about mom... :(

    ReplyDelete