Monday, March 26, 2012

Lunch Break!

Hello, hello!  I was all over this blog stuff in February and then I seem to have mysteriously dropped off the face of the universe in March.  Why, you ask?  Because we've been getting stuff done, yo.  Well, sort of.

I typically reserve blogposts for just one event at a time but lately there have been no big events, just a lot of smaller ones.  If this blog were a season of 24, now would be the time that the writers would be developing the side stories... like Jack's current love interest (who will inevitably die via bomb or sniper in the season finale) or maybe some story about the head of the CIA's personal life.  So basically, it's the point in the season where things are getting done to lead UP to awesomeness.

So, what have we been up to?

1.  Planning
Ever since we found out they were moving to Switzerland, Ryan and I have been saying we are going to pay our dear friends, the McClains, a visit.  Recently we decided to stop saving saying and start doing (someone has spent too much time at Home Depot).  We purchased our tickets across the pond and couldn't be more pumped.   April 13th through April 28th we'll be galavanting around Europe with the cutest little Swiss family you'll ever meet.  The first week we plan to kick it local in Geneva with Mel and Jakey.  The second week Jonathan took off work and we're in the process of planning exactly where/whom we will grace with our ultra-American presence.

Our current plan of attack is a road trip to Italy with a grand finale in Paris.  I am confident the Italian countryside will be eternally grateful for an introduction to Popeye shirts and Britney singalongs.  Look out!  I know that regardless of where we go or what we do, we are going to have a fabulous time and we are super excited. 

So all this planning has resulted in lots of Skype-ing and emailing with these hotties: 

The sweet McClains.  Check out Mel's blog to live vicariously through their exciting adventures.

2.  HGTV in real life-ing.
While we don't have much to show for it at the moment, Ryan & I have been diligently working on Project: Kickoff.  Seldom does a day go by that I do not spend some extra-curricular time online shopping doing crucial research to better Casa Martin.


Project Kick-off Playbook.  Just in case you thought I was joking about making a prioritized Excel spreadsheet.


We replaced all of the hardware in the kitchen with some brushed nickel.  See ya sass-a-brass!  (I tried to do some before/after pictures but 1) they're very boring if you aren't me and 2) thanks to some user error issues and poor lighting, it's really hard to see)


Worked on some color-scheming for the living room.  The tray is navy/indigo incase it looks funky on your screen like it does on mine.  I just noticed Ryan's shoes are also featured here.  They are not part of the permanent decor plan.


Ordered a bed frame (pictured here) and mattress (not pictured because the mattress store is awkward enough WITHOUT your husband's primary testing methodologies being barrel rolling back and forth and then posing on his side like some kind of pin up model).  After 1.5 years of sitting in our hall closet, our king-sized duvet will finally have a home.  Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?  Particularly if you're me because it means you for real have to get on that whole upholstered headboard plan...

3.  Aunt & Uncle-ing.
Last weekend we went out to dinner with Ryan's family AND we went and hung out with them after his racing debut.  I got spoiled spending all that time with this little munchkin- who can now say Aunt Amy.  Heart: melted.  I just love her precious little face.

True princesses swim in Tu-Tu's.  How do you think Ryan would feel about me sporting one of these?


Practicing her stroke sitting up.  She is an inovator!

4.  Fur Parenting.
Did you think that you'd make it a post without some pictures of my little love muffin?  Puh-lease. 

Ryan makes this same face when I try to sit in his lap.  Glad to know it isn't just me.


Can I help you?!  I'm pretty busy here.


This must be what it feels like to have a teenage daughter.  Silent treatment superstar. 

Just another Saturday morning in the Martin household.


And I wonder why she's such a Daddy's girl.

I can't believe I almost forgot to post this.  So, Ryan & I spent the day hard at work cleaning and home decoring.  Lola was not satisfied with the lack of attention she received so she took to her bed to pout.  Ever the sympathetic father, Ryan proceeded to do this.

5.  WTF-ing.
In the past week I've been introduced to the most deterimental app to my productivity I believe will ever exist.  I know I'm a shade late to the technological party here, but how awesome is Draw Something?!  It provides me with endless laughter.  I never knew what Picasso's my inner circle held until I downloaded this bad boy.  Behold below some of my ultimate favorites thus far.

All Sheriffs are that shocked.  And followed around by floating guns.


If you know what that is, maybe you are actually Ryan's soulmate.  I pray any future Martins do not get their artistic skills from their father.  Rooster unicorn squirrel?


I had no idea that oil was recovered the same way as stuffed animals in those vending machines.  Did you?


Yellow comb overs are very sad indeed.

This week's goal: buy some more colors.  I'm tired of drawing blue palm trees.  Help me out, people!

That's about all I have for now.  Stay tuned for more excitment in the next few weeks.  If I ever stop playing Draw Something, that is.  :c)

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up. I can TOTALLY picture Ryan posing on the mattress (how embarrassing for you). : ) I also love the picture of him holding the dog. That needs to be framed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to a friend on the phone last night when I snickered because the image of Ryan barrel-rolling and posing like a pin-up girl in a public venue and your stricken face and reddening cheeks popped into my head.

    Thankfully she didn't hear me.

    ReplyDelete