Saturday, March 31, 2012

NSFJ: Weekend Warriors

This weekend has been chock-full of house-y things and it's not even half over yet!  Yesterday Ryan & I retrieved the items we dropped off to be re-upholstered AND put together our new bed frame.  Since neither task involved the use  of a power tool- we actually got them accomplished fairly efficiently.  Today we had our new mattress delivered.  So I guess if you can't win the Mega Millions (we did not- despite Ryan's valiant efforts), the next best thing is getting things checked off the ol' To-Do list, right?

If I were the patient type, I would withhold these pictures and just let you see them when the rooms are finished and I finally do some big before/afters.  However, as is evidenced by the fact that immediately after getting our new mattress I rushed out and bought like 5 new pillows (it's dangerous when Ryan leaves me unattended while he golfs) - I am NOT the patient type.

It's starting to look more like a real adult home around this place.  Don't worry though - no one is acting like one.  Enjoy these few photografias.

Remember this guy?

He looked like this from above.

Now, he looks like this.

Here is an above shot.  Also pictured: Lola playing Sphinx.

Remember these cool chairs we got from Ryan's grandparents?

Here's a close up of one.

Ta-da!  Here they are now- wearing a yellow frock from somefabricplaceIfoundonline.

Don't you just want to hug it?

Old bed playing stand in until we finally got a new one.


Next up: headboard.  I  think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love it all! I had no idea how the old red chairs were going to work but they look REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart that duvet! And those chairs look fab. It all looks great!

    I cannot WAIT for the adventure involving you + headboard. Going to be epic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... i LOVE! I need to come over and see this in real life. Looking at these photos really made me realize... you're a homeowner! CRAY CRAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! The ottomon turned out soo good (and the chairs, didnt know you were doing those!). Also super jeals of your new bed frame/pillow shopping spree. Don't tell austin where I got the itch from...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! I love the ottoman and the chairs and I love your bedroom bedding. And I LOVE the rug you have in the master. Can't wait to see the headboard!

    ReplyDelete