Sunday, December 2, 2012

24. Not the one with Jack Bauer.


I believe as I sit and type my 24 week post at nearly 26 weeks, it is safe to say that I am not being very timely with the updating.  :c)  Hopefully baby girl will not inherit her mother's love of procrastination.

First and foremost, baby girl's wardrobe continues to expand.  She is so lucky to have so many people who love her and value her need to look stylish at every moment.  She has racked up a multitude of cute ensembles from so many people.  It takes a lot of self restraint for me to not post a picture of literally every single one in this post.  However, she probably wouldn't appreciate me showing off her duds before she gets to make her debut in them.  Melissa and Blake were in town a couple of weeks ago and gifted us with the fabulous onesie below that I can't help but share.  Bring on football season 2013! 

It should be noted this brings Lovebug's UT apparel count to 2 items and A&M apparel count to 1.  I believe these statistics speak for themselves.  Hook 'em.

Ryan and I have been busy parental bees since my last post.  We have managed to make some real strides in terms of the nursery.  By we, I really mean Ryan.  My participation in the effort thus far has been sheerly managerial.  (Pointing and grunting commands counts as managerial, right?)  Hubby dearest spent almost his entire 2 weeks off last time devoted to baby girl's room.  He had new carpet installed upstairs, hung a chair rail, and painted.  He also balanced the ceiling fan in there.  (Editors note: I continue to have no idea what that means but I acted very amazed when he showed me to avoid divorce.)  Little Miss sure scored herself a good papa.  (Just try to keep this in mind when he starts trying to do that awful French accent, little one.)


I'll do a full-blown nursery post when it's all done.  Here's a sneak peak though.


In addition to getting the nursery rolling, we also went and toured both hospitals our Dr delivers at.  We picked one and pre-registered there.  We also toured schools (daycares) and got baby girl set up with one we think will be excellent for when I go back to work.  We got our registries set up although there's definitely still some final tweaking (read: removing the ridiculous things Ryan scanned when I wasn't looking) to be done.  We started researching pediatricians.  I have almost finished The Happiest Baby on the Block.  Lastly, we registered for some classes.  Just reading all this makes me kind of exhausted.  It also kind of makes me want a Kit Kat, but I'm not sure that's related.

This last doctor's appointment we didn't get an ultrasound, so I have no pictures to share with you.  We just got to hear our little Ladybug's heartbeat - 145.  I'm not sure I've done a very good job documenting her heartbeat thus far... it started at 156 at 8 weeks and has bounced around between 145 & 153 since.  This last appointment I found out that I'm already at the stage where I start going every 2 weeks.  How did that happen?!


I continue to feel really good and am taking full advantage of the energy I have while it sticks around. I can feel baby girl move around regularly now.  She seems to get really jazzed up about meal time - particularly Mexican food and orange juice.  The other day I craved BBQ, which made Ryan think that she has inherited his manipulation skills because that is not typically an Amy-esque request.


Here's yours truly at about 24 weeks.

Me & Baby Girl at about 25 weeks

I think that's about all I have to report.  Ryan and I are beyond excited to meet this little wiggle worm.  In the meantime, we pray for her continued growth and health.  I'll see you guys in the third trimester.  :c)  I'll leave you with this video Tiffany sent me today which evidences that Ryan & I aren't the only ones excited for March!


2 comments:

  1. Is your blog broken? It seems to be limited to only once a month postings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baby bump! And I love the color scheme for the nursery. Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete