Friday, December 21, 2012

Pleut des Bebes

(Editors Note:  I recognize that the title of this post does not directly translate, BUT I only have one year of French, people.  I'm relegated to what I know.  I know raining and I know babies.  So that is what you get.)

On December 17th, my co-workers proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're the greatest group of people to work with in the entire state of Texas.  If we're being honest- probably the planet.  They threw me and the little tike a baby shower!  Given how busy we all are with the implementation of a new GL system and the holidays, I was quadruply flattered that they put forth the time, energy and effort to do so.

Sweet Becca did the lion's share of the organization and decor (and took the ah-mazing pics below).  Knowing me as well as she does, she knew that if it was too over the top and too many people were invited I would freak out, turn all red and start stammering awkward things about babies and puppies.  Perhaps sharing with her that I took a jager shot before my own bridal shower tipped her off to the fact that I'm petrified of being the center of attention.  Whatever it was, she created the perfect amount of celebratory atmosphere without me feeling too overwhelmed. 

My boss made some killer muffins and fruit salad, Becca provided deliciously homemade cupcakes, Leslie made the cutest diaper cake and another co-worker made the best sherbet punch I've ever had.  Baby Girl got spoiled with our pack & play, the car seat base, a gift card and lots of other adorable assorted clothes, blankets and what not.  I seriously am way more lucky than I deserve to be.  Thank you so, so very much to everyone who participated and for your time and kindness.  It really means the world to us!  P.S.  Was the pack & play an open invitation to bring my child to work daily?  I will assume so.

The cute little cupcake decorations & muffin paper are pink and French themed.  C'est parfait, non?

Precious little favor bags.  And our not as precious conference phone.  (That thing and I do not get along very well).

Presents and Leslie's masterpiece.

Christi, Marina, Brad, Jani, Me with a mouthful of heavenly icing, Jacqui, Katherine & Leslie.  Mike, Lalli, Tracy D, Laura, Tracy N & Becca were also here but managed to escape Becca's paparazzi lens.

This is the beginning of about 5 million pictures of me in different states of opening things.  We'll call this next sequence "how to open a present."  First, you should have a goofy smile on your face and position your hand like a claw above the bag.

Then you should read the card so you know who you're supposed to be thanking.

Sometimes you've got to reaaaaaally get in there.

Last, hold it up for mandatory ohhhhing and ahhhhing.  Ta-da!

Poorly lit picture of Leslie's diaper cake in our kitchen.  In the future I will try to keep diapers out of my kitchen, but obviously Ryan needed to see this right away.

Super cute unicorn hooded towel & zebra hooded blanket.  Does anyone know what sound these animals make?  I see that question in my future.

1 comment:

  1. For such a small bag, it sure did require a lot of digging effort. This could prove disastrous for the large bags at your actual baby shower.

    Apparently we'll need to have fire and rescue on stand-by for when you fall in.

    ReplyDelete