Wednesday, December 19, 2012

28. That was my volleyball number one year.

It also happens to be the number of weeks into this pregnancy I am.  Do you know what that means?!  (insert Jeopardy song here)  It means that the third trimester is upon us.  To be honest, I'm really not sure how that happened.  The first trimester felt like a NEVER-ending barrage of gatorade, wheat thins and trying to keep the world's biggest secret.  In sharp contrast, the second just flew by.  Based on this fact I suspect I'm going to blink and all of a sudden be at home holding a child, staring at Ryan and wondering what the heck to do with her.  Or how she got here.  Maybe the warp whistles in Super Mario Bros 3 were inspired by pregnancy? 

I'm trying to think what Ryan and I have accomplished in the last few weeks.  We ordered little bug's bedroom furniture.  One evening when I got home from work Ryan surprised me by not only picking up the furniture that was in stock by himself, but also assembling it.  Plus 20 for him.  I cleaned all of the clothes I was housing in little miss' closet out to make room for hers.  Don't say I never did anything for you, little one!

Pictures of the goods we bought in the store.  To clarify, we only bought the dresser and the crib.  I think Ryan would have had a heart attack if I insisted on buying everything you see in this shot.  I'm including this because as you'll see in the picture below, I haven't been around to get any shots with good lighting.

This is the picture I took of the assembled crib when Ryan first showed me it.  Since it was after work, the lighting is terrible.  Since I was way too excited to move anything, you can also see fabric samples and part of a swing.  I promise this will look more pulled together the next time you see it.  :c)

All of this (and then some) came out of baby girl's closet.  Coming soon to a salvation army near you.

We also took a newborn care class.  Ryan took away some new vocabulary terms, and he got to use his favorite line from a movie ever ("I will swaddle this child!") multiple times.  I learned that the whole "you won't sleep" thing is not a myth AND I got Chick-fil-a out of the evening.  So all parental parties were pleased.

I have no photos of Ryan & I's newborn class, but in my cousin's childbirth class she made her hubby wear the pregnancy belly.  How could I not share this photo?  Little Lucy is going to need this for blackmail in the future.  Love you cousin Kyle!

I also checked off some very vital baby girl wardrobe to do's by ordering and receiving items for newborn pictures AND a going home outfit.  I must be ordering more than that because I think if one more Zulily package shows up at our doorstep Ryan may reconsider this whole marriage thing. 

Did you think I was going to early reveal the newborn and going home stuff?  No way Jose.  How cute are these shoes though?!

Other notables - I'm still feeling pretty good.  I get worn out much more easily than usual.  I typically love walking and/or taking the stairs.  However, unfortunately the wheezing this has been producing as of late has led to a level of embarrassment that lands me in a seated position much more often than not.  I think last weekend I officially earned my "I can no longer bend over to pick anything up" badge.  I have cultivated quite the array of grunting noises to accompany any attempt to get up from a seated position.  Monica Seles has got nothing on me.

At my last doctor's appointment I passed my glucose test.  Little boo's heart rate was 137, which according to old wives' tales means she's a boy.  I prefer to consider it a sign that she inherited her Papa's temperament as opposed to sprouting a limb.  I am much more aware of her movements now than I was in my last post.  Sometimes after a good meal she moves my entire belly.  If a dance party isn't the way to cap off a good dinner, then I really don't know what is.  Here are some recent pics of my expanding waistline.

26 Weeks before Katie & Madison's wedding.

27 weeks before my work Christmas party.

28 weeks before work.  Is it just me or is my belly starting to resemble a unicorn horn or a hood ornament?

I think that just about sums it up for now.  As always, I'm mainly feeling incredibly blessed to have this little booger growing according to schedule.  We feel so, so very lucky to be where we are.  Thank you all for your love, support and help!

3 comments:

  1. Your body is in the shape of an S.

    And you don't like 3/4 pregnant. That's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! And I agree, your 2nd trimester seems to have flown by!

    ReplyDelete