Monday, December 17, 2012

And a Very Heismanziel Christmas to you, too!

The weekend before last was full of seasonal festivities - both of the Christmas AND football varieties.  Because I did a terrible job of taking pictures at both events, we're going to cram them into one.  :c)  Which really doesn't do much to address Jen's comment on my last blog that I've been slacking.  Do I sense a New Years Resolution?

On Friday December 7th, Ryan, the big ol' belly & I attended my work Christmas party.  Just like last year, it was quite the affair.  With all the budget cutting and the state of the economy, I feel very lucky to work for a company that goes above and beyond to give us the soiree to end all soirees at holiday time.  This year Ryan got double the drink tickets, a built in designated driver AND a map that showed what foods were in what rooms- so he made for a very happy date.  I, of course, did not take any pictures.  We did get an official holiday picture from the photo booth which I'll post below.  If that doesn't quite give you the full mental image, just imagine me and the bump partying amongst kilts and some UK-style double cheek kissing whilst my beloved worked on playing food BINGO. 

If you are wondering to yourself if I just uploaded a picture of a picture... you bet your tush I did.  Scanning the picture in sounded very taxing.

On Saturday December 8th, Ryan decided to throw his own version of a fiesta.  What might inspire him to clean the house and do some cooking?  Why, of course, the Heisman ceremony.  For those of you who have either been living under a rock, or just not in my household, the TAMU quarterback, Johnny Manziel, was up for the Heisman this year. 

Clearly in a man's eyes this represents an opportunity to drink beer, grunt and scratch things with those nearest and dearest to you.  As a woman I recognized it as an opportunity to buy home-related decor and force have Ryan to help hang it.  I'll post pictures of my home detail related adventures when I finally get around to writing a post about what all I have accomplished since June in the way of our abode.  Just suffice it to say Ryan earned his beer for the evening.

In the mean time, enjoy the very few pictures I took (and some I've borrowed from Jen) of this testosterone- and taco soup-fueled event.  P.S. Johnny Foosball won.  Did I forget to say that?  Thankfully this little bean in my belly is a girl.  Otherwise a serious argument about naming our first-born Johnny Football Martin could have ensued.

Cheers to Scooby Manziel.

More photographic evidence that our dog is spoiled.  Clearly she also wanted to share in the excitement.

The happiest Aggies you'll ever see.  Plus Austin.

I hope that everyone else's December has been equally filled with friends/family, food and festivities!

1 comment: