Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Christmas Story: 2012 Edition (Martin Style)

On Christmas afternoon I packed up our goods and my whisker face and high tailed it south to Spring Branch to meet Ryan at his parents' house.  Christmas part 2 was every bit as family- and fun- filled as Christmas part 1.

At Ryan's parents house we were joined by Tiffy, Kylie, Tiff's boyfriend Jerome, and of course Ryan's parents, Melanie & Mike.  As soon as we walked in the house we were greeted with the tantalizing smell of a spiral sliced ham.  I had just stuffed my face with a steak at my parents house 3 hours earlier, but that did not in the least slow down my consumption of said ham and trimmings.  I would like to blame that on the baby in my belly but sadly I think the outcome would have been the same either way.

After our delicious dinner, Aunt Pam, Uncle Bob & cousin Jenny dropped by to join in the Christmas cheer.  We all exchanged presents and once again, everyone got spoiled beyond belief.  Ryan & I scored a fire pit amongst a plethora of other assorted goodies including the most comfortable pajama pants on the face of the earth, golf shirts for Ryan, some beautiful Christmas decor, etc, etc.  Once again, Baby Girl made a killing and raked in some awesome bath time accessories, clothing and a beautiful Christmas book.

Sadly because Ryan had work the next day and was still fighting off whatever illness hit him on Sunday evening, we couldn't stay tooooo late after the present exchange.  Overall, it was another wonderful holiday with family we wouldn't trade for the world.  Thank you Martins for your love and hospitality!

The tree before shot.  Lucky, lucky Martin-folk!

Ryan taking his turn playing with the new camera's bells & whistles.

Yup, zoom feature works.

Tiff tearing into her stocking.

I love Mike's facial expression here.  I am not sure who was more excited about whatever he's holding - him or Kylie.

Granny laughing at Kylie.

Beautiful lamp for Tiff's house.  Clearly Jerome is equally jazzed about this gift.

Kylie opening what was most likely her gift, although no one's were really safe.

Making sure that Granny approves of her new loot.

Uncle Bob & Kylie checking out her new kid's iPad thing. 

Mike opening their present from Tiffany, Ryan & I.

Last but not least - what Baby Girl racked up for her first Christmas.  I hope she never forgets just how blessed and loved she is!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see baby martin in that burnt orange number! :)

    ReplyDelete