Monday, January 7, 2013

NSFJ: Come & Knock on our Door

Ryan & I have hated our front door from the day we moved in.  Lest you think I'm putting my foot in my world wide web mouth, let me clarify that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a black front door.  In fact on many a house I'm sure it would absolutely be the right decision.  However, it did not go with our shades of brown brick home at all.  Not in our opinion, anyway.

We threw multiple colors around and finally settled on some shade of red.  If Ryan had his way it would have been maroon, but I think we can all see through that ulterior motive.  We bought a couple of paint samples at some point over the summer and never got around to this project.  Sometime in early October we found ourselves with a three day weekend and some beautiful weather- so we decided it was the heavens' way of telling us that it was time.

This post will be short and sweet because there's nothing more boring or self explanatory than my telling you how to paint a door.  So instead I'll just let you look at the pictures.  To our neighbors, you are welcome for this cheery revamp.  You are also welcome for the pop serenading you heard from Ryan for the duration of the project.  I'm sure you mistook him for One Direction actually being IN our neighborhood, didn't you?

The before.

Primed & paint sampled up.

Ta-da!  Try to look past the front walk in dire need of power washing, the rock-strewn beds on either side and the lack of wreath at the moment.  THAT ASIDE, it's so inviting you're on your way to come visit right now, aren't you?!

Here's the Christmas version.  Please note the missing flowers.  The mums did not survive very long under my watchful eye.  Apparently that sunlight is not an optional thing.

1 comment:

  1. looks awesome! Love what you have done to the house :)

    ReplyDelete