Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happily Ever After: The Bahr Edition

On June 8th Ryan's former co-worker, Bryan, married his longtime girlfriend, Gaby, and they were kind enough to invite us.  The wedding was at St. Martin's Episcopal church and the reception was on family land in Bentwater out in Conroe.  It was probably the most beautiful I have ever been to.  After attending I'm surprised that Gaby and Bryan had enough faith in Ryan and his operations co-workers' manners to invite them.  I think they also questioned the decision as they put us at the very back table by some industrial sized fans in hopes of silencing any inappropriate remarks they may have made. 

Not only was the wedding over the top stunning, I had a fabulous time.  Ryan's old operations co-workers are so. much. fun.  I spent the evening listening to them talk about 2 chains, use canes in multiple inappropriate pictures and poses, shamelessly make fun of eachother and just generally cause ruckus.  On top of the sheer entertainment value of hanging out with them, the wedding itself had a mariachi band.  How fun is that?  The icing on the cake was that Dena & Shawna were the photographers.  So, it was basically the perfect recipe for an ah-mazing night.

I'll let the pictures below speak for themselves in terms of just how gorgeous the soiree was.  Thanks to Gaby & Bryan for letting us be a part of their day- we wish you all the happiness and Baylor wins (when not playing UT), in the world.  :c)

Succulent garden with my initials?  Yes please.

This is only a small sample of the mind-blowing table decor.  Every table was slightly different but equally breath taking.

What?  You can't see the dance floor from here?  All part of Bryan & Gaby's wise planning.

Just a part, yes that's right, a PART, of the incredible favor table.

More favor table action.  I hovered for an inappropriate amount of time in this area.

Gorgeous cupcake display.  These cupcakes were to die for.  I would know because I had two.

Has Bryan mentioned that he went to Baylor?  He did.

This, believe it or not, is a porta potty.  With granite.  Are you wondering why I took a picture?  You would too if you found the 8th wonder of the world.  

Awesome mariachi band.  This picture doesn't even begin to do the beauty of this portion of the tent justice.

Blurry pic of the hubs and I.  It's probably better that way by this point in the evening.

Ryan, John, Vishal & Kelly.  Eating meat with their hands.  Can't take them anywhere nice.  I also just realized I took no pics of the bride and groom.  I promise they were there.  I'll have to nab a picture from Shawna.  :c)


No comments:

Post a Comment