Sunday, June 23, 2013

i(Phone) Spy: Month Three - Emery

By this time you know the drill.  Same song, third verse.  :c)

Also, I apologize in advance- it appears this month I've either gotten far better at taking pictures or I've just realized that I should take 300 in any given situation and cross my fingers for a few keepers.  As a result, there are quite a few photo ops that I couldn't narrow down to just one favorite.  I know that's annoying, but it's my blog and I'll photo overkill if I want to, mmmk?

Hey, Mom - have you seen these?!  When did they get here?

I would only look at the camera BEFORE Mama remembered to put on my headband.  So use your imagination to combine this picture and the one before for maximum cute factor.

This little mini-mullet situation cracks me up.  Future Emery - I am not afraid to bust this photo out on your first date.  Behave accordingly.

On this special day, Emery refused to fall asleep so Mama diligently walked laps around Nonnie & Grandpa's first floor house for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Future Emery - YOU ARE WELCOME.  Eat your vegetables.

Nonnie... get a load of this- Mama wants me to nap.  Isn't she crazy?

In this picture I think Emery resembles her Pawpaw Martin.  Also, P.S. Gerber- 3-9 month onesie my behind.  She's about 2 months and a week here and it's borderline wedgie-esque.

Standing up trying to hightail it out of the Dr's office to escape her 2 month shots.  She did not succeed.  After the screaming fit she had I would venture to guess all other patients that day wished she had.

Poor sweet baby was so knocked out after her 2 month shots that she busted out this new baby sniped position at Nonnie & Grandpa's.

Two month shots are so hard Nonnie!  Let me tell you abo.... Zzzz.

The allusive double plank.

*sigh* I dont like the bug that's already there.  You think this one will keep me from screaming?  Adults are so ridiculous.

Remember last night when I didn't want to go back to sleep after my 2 am feeding?  Gosh that was hilarious!

This is a symbol of  survival.  Of what, you ask?  Oh, just the car ride heard round the world.  The last weekend of nights Ryan worked before I went back to work, Em and I drove up to the lake.  She never does well in the car but this time she. did. AWFUL.  Poor baby was at threat level midnight the entire trip.  All 1 hour and 40 minutes of it.  As soon as I made it to the lake, I got a beverage.  Not the first, or last, time I'll be driven to the bottle by motherhood.

You would think he'd been the one in the car.  Grandpa is a superstar at tummy time.

She doesn't look quite as into it as Grandpa, does she?  (Also, please don't call CPS - Sophie's foot was not really in Emery's eye.  Bad camera angle.)

There's nothing cuter than a sleeping baby.  It's not quite as cute when I do this.  Just ask anyone who knows me.

Have you ever wondered what Ryan would look like as an infant in a dress?  I believe this is your answer.

Nonnie, we've got to get this down before my 4 month shots.  I'm not dealing with that again.

Practicing her best I-just-came-out-of-dinner-at-the-Ivy-OMG-how-did-the-paparazzi-get-here look for when she inevitably becomes a star.

"I've got my toes in the water, my @ss in Nonnie's hands..." I think those were the original lyrics.

Catching a snooze on Grandpa.

This better be the last picture for today lady.  I don't care if Daddy is at work or not.

Did you think I would forget how much I hated this outfit when you put me in it to come home from the hospital?  Guess what?  I didn't.

I also hate it while laying down.

You're going to try to put me in the swing?  Are you out of your mind?!

Please note her complete and utter disregard for toys.  She's far more mesmerized by the couch.

Oh hey Mom!  I see you are getting ready.  You seem to think that putting me in this bouncer will keep me quiet for a while.  It will... until you start using the eyeliner.  Then right as you put it to your eye I'll start screaming.  Do you really need both eyes anyway?

Mama got so excited that Emery rolled over that she decided to bust out all kinds of big girl toys.

Dad, are you seeing this?  She's taking another one.  We're just going to the grocery store.  What's the big deal?

What?!  A lion on Old McDonald's farm?  Really scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't we Mom?

Rocking her M&M onesie from Grandma & Pawpaw Martin.  Trust me, she's way more excited than she looks.

Moooooom.  Lola's breathing on me!

So stinking precious.

What are you doing back there, you creeper?

Psssst.  I'm still not sleeping.  I know you think  because I woke up every hour and a half last night that putting me down in this thing will surely result in sleep, but no such luck.

Aunt Melanie was so sweet to come over and watch Emery the morning after she woke up every hour and a half so that Mama could sleep.  Aunt Melanie wants me to make sure you know she did not leave baby girl like this for long.  Don't call CPS on her either.

So your Mom doesn't...

... take pictures with multiple headbands to see which one looks best?

Alright bug.  Let's do this.

Just love that little BEEhind.  (Totes just did that.)

You're real close Mom.  Why don't we back up a little bit, huh?

You want me to roll over again?  Nah.  I'm good.  Think I'll just gather this whole blanket up in my hand and stink eye you instead.

Hey, aren't you the bug from my seat that stared me down the other day?  Perhaps either eating you or coating you in slobber will solve this problem.

Looking cute as a button in her outfit from Aunt Melissa for her school trial run.

Those other babies made me so exhausted that I actually slept in my swing for two hours!

I made Aunt Melanie take this picture of Em & I before I left for Court's wedding.  This was meant to hold me over until I made it to Miami.  I think I made it to the airport.  Maybe.

Mom!   I'm glad you're back.  We have some things to discuss (see below).

Aunt Julie does indeed love her.  Props to Ryan for putting the head band on for a picture before he took her to school.

I love this picture!

The first time that Daddy ever picked out an outfit for me.  Will Mom let him do it again?  Stay tuned for next month to find out.

This month, we have an added bonus- video!  I'm taking this documentation thing preeeeeeetty seriously.


What's this "bedtime" you speak of?  I'm not interested.

First time putting her toes in the pool.

First time rolling over.

Lady, I have got some things to tellllll you.  Listen up.

1 comment:

  1. I am trusting the same best exertion from you later on too. Truth be told your experimental writing aptitudes has enlivened me. cellulare spia

    ReplyDelete