Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby's First Christmas

You all may be in 2014, but this blog is still in 2013.  I blame it on the fact that I'm an accountant and thus my brain is still in 2013.  Certainly not on the fact that I'm just consistently behind in blogging.  That would be crazy talk.

So, one month ago today was Christmas!  Can you believe it's been a whole month since you acquired all those new goodies?  I can't believe that it was my sweet angel's FIRST Christmas!  I remember a year ago collecting all kinds of baby items and trying to envision the little person that would one day fill them.  Here we are 365 (+31) days later and I can't believe that I ever didn't have every one of her little features memorized.  It's been a fantastic year and this Christmas was just the cherry on top.

I'll try to keep the words to a minimum here as I know you are all well-acquainted with the standard Martin family holiday schedule of events.   This year, we did Christmas round 1 on Christmas Eve at Ryan's parents' house.  Round 1 was dedicated to Kylie since she was with her Dad on the actual day.  We had such a great time watching her open gifts.  Her excitement was so contagious!  Very fittingly, she raked in enough beautiful items to fill a castle.  I believe she might have every my little pony item on the market.  I can't wait until next year when Em has more understanding of the events and we get to witness TWO Tasmanian devils ripping through presents at warp speed!

Maaaaaa- I see presents.... lemme at 'em!

Daddy getting in touch with his masculine side.  (Seriously- there's nothing more heart melting to me than watching Daddies play with their daughters.)

Mama/Aunt Amy with her faaaaavorite girls.  Someone must have been touching one of Kylie's presents side stage.

Kylie helping Emery open a present from her & Aunt Tiff.  Puffs!  Do they know this baby or what?

Hellllllloooooo Kitty!

I was feeding her puffs in a futile attempt to keep her from Baby-zillaing Kylie's presents.

Grandma, you are not moving fast enough here.  Let me show you how to rip it faster.

Prettiest my little pony ad I've ever seen.

Bath time book- the boogs loves this guy.  (Bath time, baaaath time- I need to geeeet in the tub- I go to bed with this in my head most nights.)

Sweet girl has a love of snow globes and princesses.  Perfect gift, or what?

If anyone is going to help teach the importance of oral hygiene, it's Barbie.  I heard she's never had a cavity.

Is that it?!

Bright and early on Christmas morning, Ryan, Emery, Lola & I headed back over to the Martins' house to do Christmas and, of course, devour some delicious biscuits and chocolate gravy.  Per usual, everyone was far too spoiled and we all had an amazing time!  Miss Em scored all kinds of presents that light up, make sounds and capture her attention.  She's a lucky, lucky little lady!  Thank you, thank you, thank you to Cousin Kylie, Aunt Tiff, Grandma & Pawpaw for such a wonderful Christmas- hugs & kisses!

Hey!  What's with all the pictures, woman??

Dad, not you too!  2 pictures at one time?  I can't handle it.

Come at me, bro.

True test of whether she likes something is how quickly it goes into her mouth.  This doll was about 0.05 seconds.

Lola playing quality inspector.

Whoooooooa!  Dad, do you even know how many puffs I could put in this thing?!

My most high maintenance present.  (Photo courtesy of Aunt Tiffany)

After getting our Martin Christmas on we played a little present Jenga and somehow miraculously got everything stuffed into our car to head up to my parents' house.  We, of course, had yet another incredible Christmas with them.  All of us scored far too many treasures and Miss Em improved even further on her toybox upgrade.  The most awesome present of all is one I'll blog about later, but I'll give you a picture sneak peak below.

Psssst - Aunt Julie.  I'm already all the way up here and you know I love the sound that hard plastic makes on this glass.  Little help here?

Uncle Matt is taking to adulthood like a champ.  Novelty head light and a remote control car.

Dad, I'm not really sure why you're messing around with that.  Clearly the real present is this tag.

As we try to do when we can, we spent the rest of the weekend up in Conroe just relaxing and playing with Miss Em.  There's nothing more to say than it was the perfect wrap-up to an utterly incredible Christmas.  Thank you Mom, Dad, Julie & Matt for making it that way!  We love you all.

When babies attack. 

Sneak peak of my favorite Christmas gift.  Coming soon to a blog near you.  (Spoiler alert: it's this blog.)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great time! Can't wait to see what your fave gift was ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scream! And of course that vest. TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete