Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Going Long in 2014

Let me just go ahead and put it out there that I did a terribly shameful job of photographically documenting New Years this year.  So why am I making it a blog post?  Because it was such a fantastically funny, good time that it would be sinful not to have it in my little diary here.  So there ya have it- I apologize for the lack of visual fun-ness.  I think I'll paint a clear enough picture for you to close your eyes and feel like you were there though.

Melanie and Jonathan were kind enough to open up their home to the crazy crew despite the fact that the last time they did it resulted in men on their roof and a pergola roof situation that has yet to be remedied.  Maybe they figured it was just good practice for wrangling 2 children?  Whatever it is, I'm glad they were up to the challenge.

The A&M bowl game was on, so the men posted up on the couch in the TV room to drink beer and grunt while we women gossiped, drank some killer punch Melanie made and played Cards Against Humanity.  If ever there was a group of people to play Cards of Humanity with- it was this one.  Hi. Lar. I. Ous.  I learned way more about Japanese obscenities than I ever could have dreamed of.

Speaking of obscenities, once the game was finally over and the men re-joined the party we took to making Cards of Humanity phrases into raps on one of Jen's iPhone apps.  Which is far more entertaining than it sounds.  How did the night end, you ask?  Ohhhh you know.  With one of the men, who shall remain nameless in the unlikely event any of them run for office, trying to long jump across the pool.  Yes, you read that correctly.  The attempt was a success only in that no bones were broken and no divorces came out of the event.  Hooray!

Yet again, my year started off surrounded by people I love and the kind of laughter that makes your abs hurt.  I think that's a sign of awesome things to come for 2014!  I hope that your year started out just as wonderfully.  Much thanks to everyone who celebrated with us and super thank you to Melanie & Jonathan for letting us invade your house.  OH and mad, mad props to Lynda & Melanie for being such fantastic pregnant revelers- in the third trimester, no less.  Avery & Patrick have the coolest mamas!

These two are just the cutest.  Em's staring in awe 1) because Jake is strikingly handsome and 2) because his pants are still on.

Two babies ringing in 2014.  How many for 2015?!

First year I've actually been sad to end.  2013 will always hold a special place in my heart because of this tiny angel.

Ryan & Jake playing with Emery's toys...

... while Emery plays with Jake's.  The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?

I originally included this photo just to prove that adults were indeed present.  However, upon further investigation, how hilarious is Austin dancing by himself in the background?

Further proof that adults were present.

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE Cards Against Humanity. Because we are terrible people.

    Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete