Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Year in Re-VIDEO

Because I, shockingly, seemed to have my life together much better at the time, I posted all the videos of Emery that I'd been hoarding over the year ON her first birthday.  Clearly the timeliness ship has sailed for Brynn, but that won't stop me from releasing all these adorable videos that cause me to get a "your storage is nearly full" alert at least 1x per week and post a sappy note.  So let's do that, hmm?

Sweet, tiniest love of my life- what an incredible year it's been.  It's been trying in a million different ways at a million different times.  Some ways I haven't documented yet but will at some point.  Some ways I have made silly jokes about in various forms of social media.  Your Daddy and I wouldn't trade a single millisecond of any of it though because as I sit here typing this post with tears streaming down my face I can't think of a single better word to summarize November 18, 2014 to November 18, 2015 than thankful.  And that doesn't even seem strong enough.  

For Em I dubbed the tagline for this entry "you are worth it."  That is, of course, true for you as well but not quite as fitting.  For you I hope you know beyond a shadow of a doubt, as we do, that you were MEANT to be. You were meant to join this family.  You were meant to balance your sister.  You were meant to warm your Daddy's heart with the "no" game.  You were meant to bring smiles to your Mama's face in some really tough times. You were meant to be ours.  No one else could do what you do.  Remember that always.

 Thank you for giving your Daddy and I new noises to attempt to replicate in written form, new funny characteristics to text about daily, new excuses to sit around and stare at the miracle we've created and a billion new memories.  Thank you most of all for being you.  I pray that we raise you in a way that makes you as happy as you've made Emery, Daddy & I.  Happy, happy, happy Birthday Brynn!

As I warned with this post  previously, I know no one but Nonnie and maybe Aunt Julie will click on and watch all these videos, but no one is more deserving of  a little time in the spotlight than my Boo Boo is.  Enjoy it!


A warm welcome for "da bebe" from her sister. (November 20, 2014, 2 days old)

Nothing is more priceless and endearing to me than the sweet movements and sounds a brand spanking new baby makes.  I have hours upon hours of video footage of this.  Don't worry, I won't post it all.  (December 15, 2014, almost 1 month old)

So I said I wouldn't post them all but I didn't say I'd only post 1.  :c)  (January 2nd, 2015, 1.5 months old)

I always say that babies are born with their personalities.  This one has been smiley from so early on.  (January 5, 2015, 1.5 months old)

Emery has always been able to get smiles out of Brynn the most easily.  Here's visual evidence.  (January 6, 2015, 1.5 months old)

In case you are worried this kid has never cried.  Au-contraire.  (January 31, 2015, 2 months old)

Be still my heart- my little Mama's girl.  (February 7, 2015, 2.5 months old)

First roll from belly to back.  It's insane how exciting that first physical milestone is.  I was so worried she wouldn't do this before maternity leave was over!  (February 10, 2015, almost 3 months old)

Baby laughs.  There is nothing better.  I absolutely adored how early this kid laughed.  One day I know she'll be doing it at her Daddy & I's expense but for now I soak it all up.  (February 14, 2015, almost 3 months old)

This kid has been a "talker" from the beginning.  (February 28, 2015, 3 months old)

This one is long, I know, but I had to include it for 3 reasons: 1) it shows she was a superstar at holding her head up by this point, 2) she still makes variations of a lot of these noises and 3) its a good representation of how she and I spent most days on maternity leave.  (March 20, 2015, 4 months old)

Our little mover and shaker.  (April 15, 2015, almost 5 months old)

This isn't the greatest representation I could find of it, but this is Brynn's pre-crawl.  Em started with an army crawl and Brynn started with more of an inch worm technique.  (May 5, 2015, 5.5 months old)

This isn't the first time she sat up but it's the best video I could find of it.  #secondchildprobs (May 14, 2015, almost 6 months old)

Look out world- she's on the move.  (May 22, 2015, 6 months old)

While I know she's babbling Mama, she has no idea what she's saying.  That doesn't keep me from watching this video and pretending she does though.  (July 10, 2015, 7.5 months old)

This is around the time that she garnered the moniker Brynnie-zilla.  No idea why.  (July 22, 2015, 8 months old)

Two for one video special- kisses and waving.  (July 25, 2015, 8 months old)

The birth of the "no" game she and Daddy like to play.  (August 13, 2015, almost 9 months old)

I included this because it's a completely accurate summarization of what feeding this kid is like. Self-made earthquakes and all. (November 5, 2015, 11.5 months old)

Visual evidence that she's a lot bigger fan of adventure than her sister is.  (November 15, 2015, almost 1 year old)

My baby is a walker!!!!!!!  (November 19, 2015, 1 year (+1 day) old)

1 comment:

  1. I wish they could bottle baby noises and turn it into an elixir. We'd all be the happiest people; no war, no strife, no fighting. Just happy gurgling noises! The girls grew so much from that first video! Yay vlogging! That sounds wrong...

    ReplyDelete