Friday, October 7, 2011

The Next Chapter

I try not to do much discussing of work on the ol' blog but very recently I made a life-changing decision which warrants documentation.  I have decided to make the switch from public accounting to industry accounting.  I accepted a job with a new company and put my 2 weeks in on September 26th and today was my last day.  The weeks following putting in my 2 weeks were fairly difficult- not because I regreted or second guessed my decision but because the people that I worked with were truly my family.  Making the jump to industry is something that I've always known I wanted to pursue and based on the past year, I just felt the time was right for me.  That being said - it's never easy to feel that you are hurting your family in any way and that is a bit how leaving feels. 

My former company will forever hold a place in my heart- it's where I started my adult life.  Where I started my career.  Where I learned how to operate a fax machine (sort of...).Where I met my first career mentors.  Where I made life long friends.  Where I learned I'll never understand parking garages.  Where I, very literally, started my family.  I can not put into words the type of appreciation I feel for all that the company, and especially the people, have done for me both personally and professionally.  I will never spend one second regretting my time there and will proudly tell anyone looking to embark on a career as an accountant that there is no better place to start.  An incredibly sincere thank you to all of my co-workers, both past and present, for all they have done to shape my life and for the opportunities you afforded me.

My new company clearly has some big shoes to fill but I am incredibly excited about this next chapter in my career.  I look forward to new challenges, new experiences and new adventures.  I hope that I am able to make an impact and to learn and grow in new ways.  I am really looking forward to my future there and everything that comes along with it.  I appreciate being given the opportunity to join the team and am really looking forward to my first day on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you!! You will do amazing in the next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... favorite picture on your blog award goes to this one! haha.

    ReplyDelete