Thursday, October 6, 2011

Partially NSFJ: Weekend de Labor 2k11

This year for Labor Day Ryan & I decided that a low-key weekend was exactly what the doctor ordered.  More specifically, I believe I may have ordered it.  I just wanted a mini break from planning things.  LDW 2011 definitely delivered.

Friday Ryan took a half day and met me at the furniture store so that we could finally make a couple of purchases in an attempt to turn our house into a home.  Please note that MUCH more furniture shopping transpired between my previous post and this one.  Forget surviving a home purchase- surviving furniture purchases has been a much more exciting trial for the Mr. & I.  I recommend taking some wedding pictures with you when furniture shopping.  Use them as reference each time he looks at you and says "are you SURE we need that?"  Also note that "because I saw it on HGTV," is not considered a valid supporting statement.

Our buys were as follows:  (Please note that these pictures are taken at the furniture store or perhaps found somewhere online.  You don't get to see them at home until we start finishing some rooms.  Ohhhh the anticipation!)

TV Component cabinet.

Ryan: We'll take the dresser and 2 coffee tables.
Salesperson: blank stare.
Me:  Nightstands.  He means we'll take 2 nightstands.

Dresser I adore.  It looks less oak-y/pine-y in real life.  I love furniture that looks like it has a history or a story.  You will notice we have not purchased a headboard.  We (yes Ryan, WE) are going to attempt to make an upholstered headboard.  More on that in the future...

Our sectional.  This one takes a little more imagination because it's not this color, there's no chaise lounge and the configuration is flipped.  You get the idea though.

This color.

After spending some hard earned cash we went home to retrieve Miss Lola and headed up to Lake Conroe to hang out with my family.  We spent Saturday maxing, relaxing and playing some pool pong.  Saturday also was the first day that Lola actually went swimming on her own.  If you'd have seen the death looks she shot me when I put her in the pool last time we went up there, you'd realize what an achievement this was.  Homegirl is not quite like a fish... but we're working on it.

Yeeaaaah... I'm good here.  Thanks.

Abby is not so interested in being the teacher.

Lola Phelps.  Gold medals are in our future.

Sunday Ryan went to the A&M game with Brendan while my parents, Matt, Julie, Jen, David, Lola & I went to watch Ryan's Dad race at Three Palms with Tiffany.  Not to brag or anything, but my Father in Law miiiiight have placed first in both of his races... what a stud.  Sadly I did not take any pictures, so enjoy a picture of his bike from last time and one I hijacked from Tiffany (thanks Tiffy).

Hello moto.

Oldie but goodie.

Monday was more laziness around the house capped off by a perfect home-cooked meal from my dear Mama.  Do cooking genes skip a generation?  That's what I tell Ryan.  Overall it was a perfect weekend- the kind that makes you just look around and feel blessed to lead the life you do.

2 comments:

  1. i love how Ryan was video taping his childs swimming experience! Pretty freakin CUTE!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I remember correctly (and I ALWAYS do...haha) I think we DOMINATED beer pong! :)

    ReplyDelete