Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Day for the Daddy

Sunday June 21st was Ryan's third time to celebrate Father's Day as a father himself.  True confessions: I took absolutely zero pictures from this holiday.  We also didn't make plans to celebrate with Ryan's parents or my own for various different reasons.  So it wound up being a completely relaxed and uneventful holiday.

Why on Earth am I typing about this then?  Because the Daddy is an absolutely integral part of our household.  He is 100%  my partner in everything we do.  He wakes up with the girls, he keeps track of when they need medicine, he helps me monitor what each of them is running out of at school- I could go on and on.  I know that not every mother (or child) can say these things and not a day goes by that I don't register how grateful I am that we can.

In addition to all the help and support he provides, Daddy is the fun one.  He's the tickler.  He's the silly song singer.  He's the doler out of tiny cookies.  He's the one who makes us smile every single day.  Emery is the biggest Daddy's girl on the planet and has been from the time she was tiny and there's no question why.  So THAT is why this is a post.  Because our Daddy deserves it.

We celebrated by surprising him with doughnuts from his favorite local place for breakfast and a couple of small presents.  The rest of the day we just kicked back and relaxed at home and let him watch whatever he wanted on TV.  Actually, that happens pretty much every day but because it was a special one, I didn't even gripe about it.  ;c)

Happy, happy Father's Day, hubs!  We love you more than you could possibly understand.  And, I would be remiss if I didn't say thank you also to the Father's in my life who've shaped my world, most especially mine.  You've taught me to be driven, to be committed, to stand up for myself and the importance of confidence.  I wouldn't be who I am without you and I can't thank you enough.

Did I mention that he's a jungle gym?  That too.

1 comment: