Friday, August 28, 2015

Camp Conroe

My parents had been itching to take either Em or both girls for a couple of days.  It just so happened that the third weekend of July Ryan planned to take a quick day trip up to Schertz to visit his Grandpa after a short hospital stint AND my parents offered to take the girls.  This meant that Ryan gained a road trip companion and the girls earned an all expenses paid trip to Camp Conroe.  It was a win for everyone!

My parents came and picked the girls up on Thursday July 16th and we retrieved them on Saturday July 18th at lunch time so we could head to a birthday party.  So this meant that Ryan and I had 1.5 FULL days to ourselves.  What did we do with our freedom?  We went to bed early.  Friday we drove to Schertz by way of Bucees in Luling, enjoyed lunch, errands and lots of chat with Grandpa and Nancy.  Saturday morning we slept in, started working on a crazy venture that will be revealed at a later date and had a coffee date at our favorite local breakfast spot.

What did the kids do?  Exhausted their grandparents.

Clearly oatmeal from Nonnie > oatmeal from Mama.

Em taking advantage of Camp Conroe's all-inclusive breakfast.

They thought they were going to take Emery for a walk.  I think this photo suggests a different story as to who is walking who.

Catching a pump works better on a bike than a stroller.

Step 1: Take off hat.  Step 2: Consider swimming.

Nonnie & her fan club.

My little mermaid.

This pic makes my heart smile.  They both look so happy!

Gone in 0.60 seconds.

Obviously containment was lost...

... as were clothes.

As you can tell, the girls had an INCREDIBLE time and were less than thrilled to be returned to us at lunchtime on Saturday.  Thank you so much to my parents for creating such wonderful memories for them.  I hope that they get to do it again!

3 comments:

  1. haha. I'm surprised some portion of the Camp Conroe pool video didn't make it!? ;) I'm sure Emery will thank you for that when she's older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what great memories we have from that weekend! Thank God for my wonderful daughter who documents it all in her blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The runaway up the stairs...what a stinker. And apparently your future yogi is also moving to a compound labeled "Clothes Optional".

    ReplyDelete