Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Brynn Tracker: Seven Months

The Story
On June 18th my littlest bebe hit the 7 month mark.  Lucky #7, as it turns out because this month she was so much fun!

At the beginning of this month she was still playing the random wake up game but that slowly fell off towards the end of the month.  I don't recall when exactly... it was just one of those things where you look back and think to yourself- man, when was the last time we got a middle of the night wake up call?  I don't remember. This month she also transitioned up to her room.  She did this only a little bit after Emery did thanks to the aforementioned affinity for middle of the night wake ups plus her first ear infection.

Come hither, month 7.  Come hither.

I'm going to stop commenting on being a Mama's girl and/or sucking her thumb because both seem to be in it to win it.  If there's some notable change to either characteristic, I'll note it- otherwise you can assume her favorite place in the world is in my lap with her thumb in her mouth.

The most momentous thing this month was... drumroll please... she finally started crawling.  I say finally and that actually isn't appropriate.  I only use that term because she was such a wiggle worm and got up on all 4s so early that I was convinced she would start officially crawling before her sister did.  She had me fooled though because as with most things thus far, she followed the same timeline that sissy did.  Her crawl is hilarious though because it's so deliberate.  She lifts her arms so high and smashes them down with authority.  It's adorable.

Baby twerking.

This new found skill made her love affair with Emery even more aww-inducing.  My favorite pastime this month was watching these two learn how to play together.  It typically consisted of Emery getting way too close to Brynn with the stroller, then running away, Brynn chasing her and both of them laughing maniacally.  Most. Adorable. Thing. Ever.

This month we started experimenting with more foods.  We tried zucchini, guacamole and bananas.  She did pretty well with all of them, surprisingly.  One day I think she flipped a switch and decided that eating actually wasn't as bad as she originally presumed.  Or maybe watching her sister devour whatever was put in front of her finally wore off on her.  Either way- it was certainly a welcome change.

For reals, how cute is this child?!

Brynn continues to be the same consistently smiley and content little goose she has been most of her life.  It's interesting because I see parts of both Ryan and I in her but they're completely opposite of the pieces of us I see in Emery.  In Brynn I see my interest in people and Ryan's laid-back demeanor.  I see my love of laughing and Ryan's appreciation of quiet time by himself.  I absolutely adore these facts because I think that she and Emery completely balance one another and I hope it stays that way the rest of their lives.

Mom is this how up dog works?

The School Stuff
With Brynn's burgeoning mobility I expected that she would have to move up to Infant B this month but there wasn't room for her.  These facts combined led to her teachers having to exercise their creativity to keep our little Babyzilla from crawling over her younger classmates.  Luckily she had cultivated a love of the exersaucer at home because I think she spent some QT in it at school as well.

Wiggle wiggle.

She also developed a real fondness for her own image and the mirror.  I'll chalk this up to Ryan's genes.  Most days when I went to pick her up she could be found catching a snooze in her crib OR checking herself out in the mirror.

The Stats

  • Height:  27.25"
  • Weight:  16 lbs 2 oz
  • Head:  Ummmmm.  Your guess is as good as mine.
  • Firsts:
    • 5/22 - First official crawl
    • 5/25 - First ear infection
    • 5/31 - First tooth broke through (bottom left)
    • 6/09 - First day of no nursing
  • Diaper Size: 3sy peasy
  • Clothes: 6-9 months
  • Feeding:  Most of the month she nursed every 3 hours while with me and took 3 six ounce bottles at school.  They started feeding her solids once a day around lunchtime and we would feed her a solid for dinner at home.  
  • Foods Tried:  Zucchini, avocado, banana
  • Sleeping:  As noted above she returned to her regularly scheduled program once she kicked her ear infection and busted out her first tooth.  She typically went to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 pm and slept until 5:45 am or sometimes even 6:30 am when we wake her.
  • Favorite Songs/Games:  As pointed out above, she LOVES chasing her sister and cackling at her antics.
  • Other Notables: Towards the end of the month I had to stop nursing which was a super emotional thing for me but she did just fine with it.  I still had milk saved so she continued to get a least one bottle of BM a day.

Okay.  I'm done.

Peace out, guys.

1 comment: