Thursday, August 20, 2015

S is for Sister - Installment 2

Back here I first rolled out a new idea for a regular segment on the old blog.  Similar to the Discussions with Daddy segment, I decided it would be every 3 months and would coincide with Brynn's quarterly birthdays.  Fingers crossed I don't fall as far off the wagon in keeping up with this one as I have with the first.  Luckily it's easier to keep track of (and censor) pics of my kiddos than it is the words that come out of Ryan's mouth.

Rest assured that I do a far better job of documenting them together lately than I do separately.  I think this is primarily attributable to their love for one another... one day it will be due to them trying to constantly antagonize each other.

Without further adieu... here's the story of sisterly bonding between February and May.

I can't talk yet Mama, but I'm saving all this in the memory bank for when I can.

Lola- heeeeeelp!

The ole' quarter-behind-the-ear trick.  Drives the infant crowd wild.

No one is impressed with this photoshoot.

This remains one of my favorite sister pics.  Just want to smooch them both!

Emery doles out kisses on her terms.  Her terms are aggressive.

Psssst, whatcha doin' Bwynnie?

Big Sistering is a full contact sport.

My little Rhodes Scholars.

For some reason when I shove this in your face Mom and Dad clap and praise me for "sharing."  I'll take it.

Ryan's little mini-me... smirk and all.

"Want a raspberry on you belly, Bwynnie?"

Night night kisses.  To this day Brynn is the only one who consistently gets one.

Squeezing to death.  The threat is real.

Hey sis- whatcha got in there?  Looks way better than oatmeal.  Want to make a deal?

Distracted by anything shiny- there are some Mama genes in there after all!

Genuine sharing.  How cute are they?!

This is what we call tapped out.

The spoils of a girls day with Mama.  Some day Brynn will realize she got gipped here.

Practicing feeding sissy.  (I swear Emery has other outfits.  Apparently this one is a magnet for the camera.)

Just lounging.

Teaching her little student the delicate art of selecting your horse for the Little People castle.

Cuddling little Elvis.

Clearly this was back when the weather was much nicer.  Seeing this picture now makes me involuntarily break into a sweat.

Do you notice the formula when we walk?  Drink for larger child.  Stuffed animal for the smaller one.  Cross your fingers and pray for peace and quiet.

The cutest (and most persistent) alarm clocks you could ever hope for.

Brynn is completely oblivious to her sister playing Godzilla over her shoulder.  #secondchild

More teacher/student action going on.  Today's lesson appeared to be puzzles.

Ta Da, Mama!  We're getting better at this, huh?

Stick with me kid, I'll teach you ALL the things.

2 comments:

  1. Emery's crazy eyes in the shiny shoe picture are priceless. It's amazing to see how much they BOTH grew over the quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... I just love those little bugs! I second Becca-- nuts how much they've grown.

    ReplyDelete