Thursday, August 13, 2015

Good Golly Miss Molly

I debated for a while about whether or not to write this post as it could be construed as "work" related, which I try to stay away from posting about.  I finally settled on doing it because this little corner of the interwebs serves as my scrapbook and this particular event was certainly part of my life story this year.  Also, it's main subject became much more than a co-worker to me - she is a beloved friend.  That being said, hopefully she doesn't mind.

At the end of April Molly and her husband decided to move back home to Ohio to pursue an incredibly exciting professional opportunity and to be closer to family.  This was a loss to me both personally and professionally.  For as sad as I was to lose her, I was (and am) even more excited to see what this change has in store for her and her family!  

The importance of co-friends (co-workers + friends) truly can not be overstated.  You spend so much of your time at work that it's inevitable that they come to know more about your daily life and what's going on in your world than some of your oldest friends.  Between trips to get water, to procure "the bad drink," to say hi to Donna or simply to get some steps in- the little moments that go neglected in big catch ups get shared.  Life gets lived.

She joined our little team just before I had Emery and over the course of the past few years she grew to be a trusted confidante, voice of reason and supporter through all of my life events.  She watched Emery grow from a tiny, screamy newborn into a vocal and busy infant and then into an opinonated, strong-willed and hilarious toddler.  She watched me struggle a bit balancing a toddler and pregnancy.  She watched Brynn go from a sweet, chunk of a newborn into a smiley, giggly, loving infant.  I watched her buy her first home, get married and triumph over the CPA.  

If the above doesn't sell you on how wonderful she is, I suppose you'll just have to trust me.  Or fly to Ohio and learn for yourself.  Either way- someone this wonderful clearly deserved many send off activities and we were happy to oblige.

First, our other fabulous co-worker hosted a small group of us and our families out at her house.  She made a mouth watering meal of pulled pork with all the fixin's and we all got to enjoy hanging out outside of work.  The highlight for Em was that one of her horses had a 3 month old filly that she got to feed and play with.  Perhaps she should have been born into another family because she was all about the farm life.  

I was pretty shocked that she wasn't scared of something so much bigger than her.  I guess Lola really is more like a horse than a dog.

As tends to be the case with most of Emery's undertakings- her feeding style was a little bossy.  "EAT!"

Sweet baby Josephine was only 3 weeks old.

Next we had a little HH next door the night before her last day.  If these people don't scream good time to you then clearly you've never had one.  

The coolest finance team on the planet.  (Me, Jean, Grace, Ilhan, David, Carolina, Leslie, Cynthia, Becca, Molly, Maria & Thomas)

Last, but in no way least, Becca, Molly & I became infamous for our walks over to Starbucks once (sometimes more) a week.  So clearly on her last day we had to take one last walk.  This one may or may not have been with sunglasses to hide shiny eyes.

Becca is artsy.  I am pointy.  Molly is double fisting.  Leaving is rough.

The last 3 Musketeers pic.

We miss you Molly!  Now hurry up and plan your next trip down.  :c)  

1 comment:

  1. Musketeers and co-friends. You girls are just amazing. My life is enhanced because you y'all!

    I think our shadow picture is one of my favorites of allllll-time.

    Also, I love the name Josephine. HORSIES!

    ReplyDelete