Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Brynn Tracker: Five Months

The Story
On April 18th, not only did my handsome husband turn one year wiser, but my sweet Brynnie hit the 5 month mark.  Is that unbelievable or WHAT?  Let's return to our previously scheduled update on issues, shall we?

Did I mention we are still a thumb sucker?  No?  We are.

Last month you may recall that I said Brynn rocked at sleeping.  She did for the bulk of this month but somewhere mid to end of the month she decided that cooler things must be happening in real life than in her dreams.  She started waking up sporadically.  Sometimes one time per night.  Sometimes two times per night.  I really am not sure what caused this to start, but it persists through today.  Hallelujah for a helpful and supportive Daddy!

Did this kid still love her Mama?  Oh yes.  She really started to get pretty comfortable with everyone this month though.  She would (and still will) flash a smile at nearly anyone who looked at her as long as someone she was comfortable with was holding her.  This is just such a stark contrast to her older sister who never would smile at strangers.

Multi tasking infant-style is sucking your thumb whilst trying to grab the nearest parental unit.

Thumb sucking?  Still a favorite.  I would say that the amount of time spent sucking her thumb declined some.  Mainly because she became extremely skilled a grabbing things and having your trusty opposable buddy in your mouth really hinders that.

In terms of weight, her crazy Mama continued to weigh her obsessively each evening.  She continued to hold pretty strongly in the upper 30s to mid 40s in terms of percentile.  This, of course, stressed me out.  Spoiler alert for the next month: the doctor told me she's just fine.

Practicing sliding home.  The wrong way, I know.  We'll get there- don't worry, Aunt Tiff.

Her little personality continued to evolve.  She remained remarkably content.  Seriously, there wasn't a time we would go somewhere that someone didn't remark on what a happy, well-behaved baby she is.  I say this not to brag, but really out of sheer amazement.  If I didn't know any better, I'd be having her DNA tested as we speak.  She started to pretty reliably giggle at funny faces or her crazy sister this month.  No words I can type would do justice to the adorableness of infant laughter, so I say go search YouTube for a pick me up.

Brynn continued to be curious.  If weren't Ryan or I and you were holding her, she would twist around at some point to see who you were and try to determine how she feels about it.  She also would pick up just about anything she could get her hands on to try to examine it and decide if it's edible or not.  Usually she just assumed that it was which kept Ryan and I on our toes.

I swear I see a bug, Mama.  I'm going to get it.

This month she started getting up on her hands and knees and rocking.  Slooooow your roll, baby-child.  How a baby who is not yet crawling could maneuver herself across an entire room was baffling to me, but somehow she managed.  On a totally related note, the Exersaucer was dusted off and introduced to sis-uh.  They were quick friends.  Brynn loooooves jumping.

Clearly I could continue on but I'll cut myself short.  Since I'm behind ohhhh... 4 months now, I should save some information for future months,  hmm?

Trying to round out her diet with a little Target shag rug special.

The School
In keeping with the prior month, Brynn was exactly the same baby at school that she graced Daddy, Emmy and I with at home.  Whenever I asked her at the end of the day if she had a good day (yes I totally talk to my non verbal child), her teachers always respond with "she's always good."  This can only mean one thing- she's going to be a hot mess later in life.  For now, I'll take it.

Did you want more shots of my toes?  Fiiiiine.

The Stats

  • Height: 26.26"
  • Weight: 14 lbs 9 oz
  • Head: Uhhh... bigger than last month
  • Firsts:
    • 4/4 - First time to grab a toy from sister
    • 4/7 - First time holding a bottle on her own
    • 4/10 - First time up on all 4's rocking
  • Diaper Size:  Still a 2
  • Clothes:  She wore 3-6 months for most of the month and towards the end of the month we started rotating in 6-9 months as her sleepers were getting pretty snug
  • Feeding:  Still nursing every 3 hours or so when with me and taking 3 five ounce bottles at school
  • Sleeping:  Apparently Brynn's friends told her about 4 month sleep regression at school and she decided to hop on that band wagon a month late.  As noted, prior to this she was a sleeping champ and would routinely sleep through the night.  This month she decided to throw her parents off their game by waking up 1 and sometimes 2 times a night.  This will be noted in her file and reviewed during our Christmas appraisal.
  • Favorite Songs:  I have to say that being a second child has both it's pros and cons.  One con is that there's usually too much chatter from a certain older child who shall remain nameless to enjoy much music.  She continued to love the vocal stylings of her Mama though.  If ONLY I weren't past the American Idol age limit!  
  • Other Notables:  She has the most addictive smile on the planet.  Fact.
Getting older never gets less shocking, lovebug.

No comments:

Post a Comment